Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Work not keeping me in loop

(8 Posts)
Trace38 Wed 13-Apr-16 16:16:55

I'm currently on maternity leave and I've just found out that two members of my team have left. Should I have been informed?

Ginmakesitallok Wed 13-Apr-16 16:18:39

No.

letthefundusbegin Wed 13-Apr-16 16:20:34

I think they only have to inform you if there are new vacancies or if there are training opportunities. That's what my work policy states, but you can opt out of receiving this info

glorious Wed 13-Apr-16 16:22:36

Different people like different things whole they're away. Have you discussed your preferences with them?

You should be told if there are promotion opportunities though.

Trace38 Wed 13-Apr-16 16:28:01

Thanks all. That clears that up then. Feel totally out of touch!

MummyBex1985 Wed 13-Apr-16 16:41:27

You could always ask to use some keeping in touch days to stay in the loop smile but no, they aren't legally obliged to tell you about leavers.

Trace38 Wed 13-Apr-16 16:48:41

I did intend to do those but I can't bare the thought of leaving my baby yet (never thought I'd feel his way). She is teething and I'm bf too so she's feeding like a newborn again! Lol

glorious Wed 13-Apr-16 18:54:41

Do you have any work friends you could meet for lunch with the baby? It can be a good way of just catching up informally and reminding yourself of the whole environment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now