Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Am I being silly about early loss?

(4 Posts)
Chittlebum Wed 13-Apr-16 10:01:14

I've had a very early loss, 4+6. I feel really silly about being so upset. Only knew I was pregnant for a few days and it was unplanned. Now I'm devastated and want to be pregnant again. Fiancé doesn't want a baby, he had been ok with me being pregnant but doesn't want to actually "try". He says he's happy with what we've got and the way we are. Now I've been pregnant, however briefly, its what I want!

AnUtterIdiot Wed 13-Apr-16 10:29:57

No, of course not. Don't feel silly. I am so sorry. flowers

2under2aagh Wed 13-Apr-16 10:35:37

Early miscarriages are very common but I wouldn't wish it on anyone

Your hormones will still be raging so go easy on yourself

Do something nice for you and I'm sure your fiancé will come around he is prob still in a state of shock

WannaBe Wed 13-Apr-16 10:39:59

No you're not silly. Early loss is very common however you will have just started thinking about being pregnant and then it's gone. As a PP said hormones will be all over the place.

However your DP isn't wrong either. Pregnancy was unplanned, and while if it had continued he may have come round he's not wrong for potentially thinking that loss at this stage wasn't the end of the world iyswim.

Perhaps wait until you're in a bit of a better place and then have a discussion about where you see children in your future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now