Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Crazy Pregnancy Outbursts

(7 Posts)
novemberchild Tue 12-Apr-16 21:37:43

DH has just basically ruined my life. His crime? He put oregano all over my pasta when he KNOWS I hate anything smelly at the moment.

I cried and he has been suitably contrite, so it is OK.

What has provoked the Red Mist for you while pregnant?

Shanghaichica Tue 12-Apr-16 21:44:18

I remember being a bit irritable during my first and the beginning of my second trimester. I got quite irritable with people at work which was very out of character for me as I'm usually very laid back.

SmallBee Tue 12-Apr-16 21:54:39

Two women were happy and laughing in the loos at work.
I can't tell you how cross they made me! I don't really even know why.

Moggysinger Tue 12-Apr-16 22:05:12

If I go too long without eating I get nauseous, and feel too sick to cook. Dh came home late by which time I didn't know what to do with myself so I was in the shower crying. I screamed 'chips NOW!!!' at him, I think he ran to the chippy. Half an hour later I was happy as Larry munching on my chips. It's like having a personality transplant!

StarkyTheDirewolf Tue 12-Apr-16 22:08:15

I had a flash temper today when Dh insisted I come to the door which I had to fund the keys for and unlock to look at the fire that over the road were having when I could already see it through the window, I was the one who told him about it, and I knew about it from the first billow of acrid stinking smoke as it made me feel unbelievably unwell. 😠

novemberchild Tue 12-Apr-16 22:13:50

I feel really guilty now and have repeatedly apologised for being a mad screamy woman. But it was very important, at the time!

hopeful31yrs Tue 12-Apr-16 22:19:59

I lost it at 37 weeks - about to finish work for maternity leave, 2nd week of December. Had cleaned our apartment, bought a tree from B&Q earlier in the week and decorated it. I could just visualise, after a horrendous weekend on call (12hr+ days) getting home, feet up, cuddling up in front of the Christmas tree lights all warm and cosy. It was the only thing getting me through that last LONG weekend. DH decided to help and hoovered the flat on the Saturday and then sent me a text saying a few needles had fallen off the tree. My OCD went into overdrive thinking he wouldn't hoover UNDER the tree and it would be a bit messy - then he sent me a picture. The whole tree was BARE and the needles were in a heap on the floor. I lost it. In work. I had to lock myself in the toilet sobbing and then rang DH sobbing.

Fair play - he made sure the tree was gone by that evening and fully cleaned for me. By the next day he'd got another healthy tree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now