Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How am I guna keep this a secret???

(10 Posts)
Jenjen85 Tue 12-Apr-16 19:11:00

So today we had our 20wk scan and found out the sex however certain family members (MIL) expressed their view on not wanting to find out. How the hell am I guna keep this a secret for another 20weeks confused has anyone done similar to us and found out but not told anyone?

tay13 Tue 12-Apr-16 19:53:48

We found out and haven't told anyone... We're now 31 weeks and a lot of people think we didn't want to find out. It's been hard not to let it slip but also exciting to have a secret smile

LouLou030783 Tue 12-Apr-16 19:55:26

I found out and only 2 other people know everyone else thinks we have no clue lol I'm now nearly 30 weeks

Peppaismyhomegirl Tue 12-Apr-16 19:58:34

Don't stress yourself about it. Your baby, you wanted to know, nor really her place to dictate. Apologise if it gets out by accident but she can't really get angry about it.

Jenjen85 Tue 12-Apr-16 21:37:54

Hoping I can keep it secret as I'm so excited. Very true peppa we've had a falling out so I'm tempted to let it slip "by accident" just to piss her off grin

WelliesTheyAreWonderful Tue 12-Apr-16 22:36:41

Agree with Peppa, it's totally up to you and it would be very childish of your MIL to cause a fuss if she found out! If you're concerned though, I'd tell her that as she doesn't want to know you're going to sometimes refer to the baby as 'she' and sometimes as 'he', then she won't know if you've slipped up.

WhiteMagnolia Tue 12-Apr-16 23:09:18

I know and my husband (or anyone else) doesn't...did this for our first as well! It worked fine...he likes surprises and I was keen to find out! Just give it a nickname to refer to it by so you avoid the whole he/she thing!

Couchpotato3 Tue 12-Apr-16 23:13:27

Simples. Don't see or speak to MIL until the baby is born. Win win....

steppemum Tue 12-Apr-16 23:14:59

we knew, and didn't tell anyone.
It was actually nice having that secret between us.

123rd Tue 12-Apr-16 23:19:49

But White, what did you do about buying clothes? I don't mean blue or pink sad but there are some baby grows that are more masculine or feminine in their design.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now