Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

glycerin suppository in 1st trimester

(13 Posts)
zoomtothespoon Tue 12-Apr-16 18:53:34

Hey!

I'm seriously backed up and bloated. Look about 5 months already and I'm only 9 weeks.

Every time I go to wee I'm also doing a little chicken nugget and I can feel there's some right where waiting to evacuate but it just won't move!

I'm wondering in glycerin suppositories are safe at this stage? I've got some in the cupboard and they're looking very tempting first time I've been excited about shoving something up my arse

sonlypuppyfat Tue 12-Apr-16 18:56:10

Doesn't it say anything on the packet. My friend had terrible constipation once and sat in a hot bath and er..........helped it out.

zoomtothespoon Tue 12-Apr-16 19:17:10

It says avoid unless advised by a doctor. So doesn't rule them out entirely!

sonlypuppyfat Tue 12-Apr-16 19:31:20

Get in the bath lady. The longer it's stuck in your bum the drier it will become and you'll never pass it. Oh and get some tinned grapefruit that will shift anything

jobrum Tue 12-Apr-16 19:38:07

When its resolved, I can highly recommend Fybogel to help keep things soft and moving. Stir into watet and drink twice a day, not too bad really. A while after I gave birth I realised it is available on prescription! For free!

zoomtothespoon Tue 12-Apr-16 19:54:22

I have a hot bath every night, my bowels are immune blush

Will fibogel only work once everything is out as a way to keep it moving or will it help with this blockage?! X

sonlypuppyfat Tue 12-Apr-16 20:00:19

I think your missing my point on the bath thing YOU need to help your poo out!! Do I need to draw a picture wink

misspym Tue 12-Apr-16 20:04:16

I used Microlax at about 9 weeks. I had terrible constipation brought on by dehydration due to hyperemesis. It was prescribed by a doctor but I think it is available OTC and it worked a treat.

zoomtothespoon Tue 12-Apr-16 20:19:16

Soonly yes I'm afraid I need a picture wink

sonlypuppyfat Tue 12-Apr-16 20:28:05

Stick your finger up your bum!!!!!! Pull the poo out......sorry

hopeful31yrs Tue 12-Apr-16 20:34:11

Prescriptions are not free... grrrr

movicol, fybogel and glycerine suppositories are all ok

jobrum Fri 15-Apr-16 03:29:36

If you're badly constipated Fybogel won't help, you need a laxitive, its more of a stool softener to help prevent constipation. I took it throughout most my pregnancy after being very constipated for the first couple of months. Someone tried to touch my 'bump' at about 4 months and I had to angrily tell them it was a poo!

Go to your doctors and ask about a laxitive.

Prescriptions are free if you're pregnant and for a year after the birth.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Fri 15-Apr-16 04:45:18

I thought glycerin suppositories are fine - they just draw water to the bowel and coat the poo. Nothing getting into your body otherwise

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now