Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding

(5 Posts)
elliej83 Tue 12-Apr-16 15:25:47

Hi,

I am currently 12 weeks and I have had some brown blood this morning. Called the midwife and she said not to worry and said if it gets worse go to A&E. I miscarried last cycle in January so I am understandably worried. Particularly because they are so far behind with the scans they have said it might be another 3-4 weeks before I have mine and I'm going out my mind.

I am working away from home today so I wont get home until about 9pm. I am considering going straight to A&E. Will they have scanning facilities there. I really dont want to sit there for 4 hours for nothing.

Any help appreciated smile

AnUtterIdiot Tue 12-Apr-16 15:57:14

Didn't want to read and run. Lots of women have brown blood and go on to have a healthy baby. You can book a private scan if your NHS scan is delayed.

Honeybee79 Tue 12-Apr-16 16:13:56

I am only 6 plus 5 and had an early scan today due to brown spotting. My doc reassured me and said that brown bleeding/spotting is quite common. If you are in pain and/or the bleeding becomes heavier or bright red then go to your nearest Early Pregnancy Unit (you should just be able to turn up and they will scan you).

Slothlikesundays Tue 12-Apr-16 17:32:35

I had brown bleeding. 22 weeks now and baby looks healthy. A&e do not have facilities for scanning , you would. Have to phone EPU or go private.

dats Tue 12-Apr-16 21:03:25

Hi ellie, have you had your dating scan, yet? You'll be past the point at which they could do the nuchal fold measurement if you have to wait 3-4 weeks from now.

Either way, if you're concerned and can't get an EPU to scan you (local ones have different requirements - some you can self-refer, some will need you to be referred by a GP/midwife) can you pay for a private scan?

Brown blood is quite common, if not 'normal' so fingers crossed all is well. Good luck smileflowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now