Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Clearblue!?!?!

(16 Posts)
Mumto1x Mon 11-Apr-16 12:46:32

I'm around the 6 week mark! After many positives I decided to buy a digi dating one. 1st time it said 2-3. Tested a week later got my 3+ this week (this morn) I've tested and came back 2-3 again?! Has anyone else had this? I've read similar stories but haven't got my booking app for another 4 weeks!!! Should I be worried?? Any help would be greatful! Thank you!!!confused xx

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 11-Apr-16 12:51:04

I think the hormones start to decrease further in..? Maybe.

Artioo2 Mon 11-Apr-16 13:05:37

Pregnancy tests aren't designed to accurately monitor the progress of early pregnancy by taking lots of them, they're just designed to give you a yes / no answer at the time of testing. There are several things that could affect the result - time of day, hydration levels, fluctuating hormones.

Tia2005 Mon 11-Apr-16 13:17:39

Why do u keep testing ?

unimagimative13 Mon 11-Apr-16 13:19:19

You've had a positive?? Why the need to keep testing?

AnUtterIdiot Mon 11-Apr-16 13:25:08

I tested a couple of times. I did two tests at once on the first attempt in case one was duff (one digital one not). Two weeks later just before my doctor's appointment I used the non digital one that was left over because I just wanted to check it was all still happening.

I don't think it's weird to test a couple of times to rule out a chemical pregnancy, but if what you're trying to do is measure how far along you are I don't think the tests are very good at doing that. Your doctor will count from the first day of your last period until your dating scan anyway, so you might as well just do that.

flowers congratulations OP!

Mumto1x Mon 11-Apr-16 13:33:07

Thank you for the replies, I wasn't testing to measure how far along I am or if the pregnancy is progressing, I was testing for peace of mind as I found out rather early (7 days before my missed period) the app seems so far away. I didn't find out until late in my last pregnancy, so didn't have much of a waiting game. (3 years ago). I didn't purposely purchase clear blue dating, they're all I had smile I guess having ocd doesn't help !

BettyBi0 Mon 11-Apr-16 16:24:20

I was a bit of an obsessive tester and wasted an absolute blooming fortune on Clearblue digital tests. I had a loooong delay in them going up to 3+ which had me thinking I was having another early miscarriage. Then after being 3+ it went back to 2-3. I hate to think how much I spent on the bloody things. The pregnancy fine fine btw and DD is now 2.

Artioo2 Mon 11-Apr-16 16:47:59

If you think about it, the Clearblue tests can't be that accurate - think about the ranges - '2 - 3 weeks', '3+ weeks'. That's not accurate enough to reliably increase each week, the ranges are two weeks in size. And they both technically cover the three week point you are at!

Marshpillow Mon 11-Apr-16 19:35:23

Step away! I found Clearblue digi tests to be complete bastards in my first pregnancy, I never got a 3+ reading ever, however all was fine with the pregnancy as proved by DD currently sleeping upstairs!

Mumto1x Tue 12-Apr-16 16:47:53

Thank you for your replies ladies! Made me feel so much better!! Just had the urge to test and the only thing I had was a clear blue digi!! Was worried from getting a 3+ last week to a 2-3 this week!! I've read it's quite a common occurrence! Was panicking as I can't get a Drs app for 4 weeks ! Thank u again Xx

rider1975 Tue 12-Apr-16 20:43:21

I just retested yesterday with Clearblue digi and had a transvaginal scan today. Clearblue was 3+ which was confirmed by clinic today as 5+ weeks. I was rather impressed !

Mumto1x Wed 13-Apr-16 21:03:25

Ahh that's great !! Congratulations !! I'm not sure why mine said 3+ and 2-3 the next :/ Might of been a dodgy test ?? I've had no cramping or bleeding,, so I think everything is ok (fingers crossed!!!) Xx

rider1975 Wed 13-Apr-16 22:59:47

Thank you smile fingers crossed for us both xx

Northernlight22 Thu 14-Apr-16 07:11:10

They do start to get a bit unreliable once the hormone levels reach a certain level.

I absolutely get doing more than 1 test - I did loads as I had a mc last time and wanted to keep reminding myself it was real!

Good luck!

Mumto1x Thu 14-Apr-16 08:11:32

Thank you! Sorry for your loss sad it's nice to have other people's stories & advice , not take a bashing about over testing hmm lol! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now