Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

sertraline in pregnancy

(5 Posts)
blairsmummy Sun 10-Apr-16 19:13:46

Hi, I'm 19 weeks pregnant, and about to start taking sertraline instead of lofepramine, on advice from a psychiatrist and obstetrician. Has anyone taken it during pregnancy and went on to have a perfectly healthy baby with no issues relating to the medication. Is anyone pregnant and on it now? I'm due to start it tonight and I'm really nervous.

Belager Mon 11-Apr-16 06:16:30

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2608393-Has-anyone-taken-antidepressants-throughout-their-pregnancy

This thread helped me, I was prescribed sertraline recently as well.

Hope this helps

blairsmummy Mon 11-Apr-16 08:21:04

Thank you that's really reassuring xxx

Honeybee79 Mon 11-Apr-16 19:01:49

I am only 6 weeks pregnant but have been on sertraline for about 2 years and intend to remain on in based on gp's advice.

StinkyMcgrinky Mon 11-Apr-16 19:53:28

I've been taking setraline since DS was around 6 weeks old (PND) and am now 26 weeks with DS2 and have been taking 50mg throughout. Just recently they've upped my dose to 100mg due to increased anxiety and my GP, midwife and consultant are all very supportive of me remaining on it for the foreseeable future. Baby is healthy and everything is as it should be smile

A happy and healthy Mum is the most important thing for baby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now