Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Changing stations

(6 Posts)
socktastic Sun 10-Apr-16 10:25:01

So... The nursery furniture went up yesterday. It all seems real! Very scary.

Anyway, we have a built in changing station to the set of drawers and now need to find a changing mat to go in it. The space is way too big for the mat I have and can't seem to find mats that match the dimensions of the table itself. Do the mats have to fit snugly in? Or am I just not looking in the right places?

Dixiechick17 Sun 10-Apr-16 10:29:01

They don't have to fit snugly, you'd never leave a baby unattended on it anyway. My changing mat used to sit on top of standard chest of drawers and had loads of room around it smile

KP86 Sun 10-Apr-16 10:29:03

Mats don't need to be snug. Other than it looking a little neater, it doesn't make a difference. You won't be leaving baby there unattended so no risk of suffocation or falling down side etc.

socktastic Sun 10-Apr-16 10:31:40

Great thanks, panic over! Will just buy a normal one then.

Cakescakescakes Sun 10-Apr-16 10:37:04

They don't fit snugly. Means you can keep a pack of wipes, tub of sudocrem etc beside the mat within easy reach.

LyndaNotLinda Sun 10-Apr-16 10:53:15

Yes, you need space for everything else as well as the mat. Newborns should only be cleaned with warm water and cotton wool so you need space for a bowl of warm water and somewhere to ditch the dirty cotton wool too as well as clean nappy, clothes etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now