Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

30 weeks - splitting headache

(2 Posts)
Pagetta Sat 09-Apr-16 19:24:59

Im 30+4 and the last ten days the tiredness has really hit me - today ive got splitting headache above one eye - im not generally someone who suffers with headaches so its killing me. I caved and had some paracetamol earlier which have taken the edge off but am freaking out about pre-eclampsia. Due to high pressure in uterine flow im more at risk from it apparently.
However I had scan on weds and all results all fine - BP low / no protein and pressure of uterine flow now within normal range. Mild swelling in feet but not bad.
I think because its unusual for me to have headache im panicking - are they standard in 3rd trimester??
Any tips on getting rid of it welcome.
Worth noting - after some issues last summer I wasnt allowed to wear my contacts for 8 months. Im now signed off to wear them again and feeling fat and waddly thought id perk myself up by wearing them today and go glasses free - its possible this with the tiredness has exacerbated things :-/

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Sat 09-Apr-16 19:29:34

If you have been used to glasses and just switched back to contacts that could definitely explain your headache. I get terrible headaches if I switch to the other after wearing the alternative for a bit.

It's maybe with a call to the mat unit through so they can check your pee and blood pressure. My money is on your eyes though grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now