Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tell me I'm being silly - dog launched off my stomach

(13 Posts)
mangocoveredlamb Fri 08-Apr-16 19:03:24

I'm 10 weeks, I'm sure my uterus and the little bean are safely tucked behind my pelvic bone.
But the bastard dog just launched herself off my lower stomach when the door bell rang, and now I'm all worried. (She is only a little dog, but it did hurt!)

FuzzyOwl Fri 08-Apr-16 19:08:22

I am also absolutely certain your little bean is tucked very safely away and your stomach took all the brunt, but if you have any cramps or anything then give your midwife a call.

LBOCS2 Fri 08-Apr-16 19:27:17

Honestly, they're well protected - and tucked away inside your pelvis.

My 3yo DD 'butt stomped' (Mario style) directly onto my bump when I was about 32 weeks. I phoned the MLU and they just told me to keep an eye out for movement, pains and bleeding - they really weren't that concerned.

1frenchfoodie Fri 08-Apr-16 20:32:03

You are right that the pelvic bone is protecting your little one. My labrador was reting his head on my bump the. Sneezed and slammed his head down at 32wks and I was fine so confident you will be too.

SpecialStains Fri 08-Apr-16 23:02:02

Baby is well packaged in your uterus and amniotic fluid and will be fine. If you get any spotting or cramping call your midwife, but I'm sure it'll be ok. I slipped down the stairs at around the same number of weeks, spent a day crying and panicking about it, but baby was perfectly fine at my scan a couple of days later. I do need to stop the cat from jumping on my belly though, as it is getting uncomfortable!

SpecialStains Fri 08-Apr-16 23:02:07

Baby is well packaged in your uterus and amniotic fluid and will be fine. If you get any spotting or cramping call your midwife, but I'm sure it'll be ok. I slipped down the stairs at around the same number of weeks, spent a day crying and panicking about it, but baby was perfectly fine at my scan a couple of days later. I do need to stop the cat from jumping on my belly though, as it is getting uncomfortable!

SpecialStains Fri 08-Apr-16 23:02:29

Sorry for the double post!

strangerjo Fri 08-Apr-16 23:29:40

I'm sure you're fine. I walked straight into a door handle at 30-something weeks and had a huge bruise on my stomach and the baby was untouched. But if you're still worried about it, talk to your midwife for peace of mind.

KayTee87 Sat 09-Apr-16 00:13:01

You'll be fine. I was slightly concerned about this at around 10 weeks too when my dog walked across my tummy. Mentioned it in passing to the sobographer and to illustrate how well your muscles protect the baby she pressed down quite hard on my stomach (with my agreement) while scanning - you couldn't even see the top of my uterus move on the screen let alone baby being bothered by it.

KayTee87 Sat 09-Apr-16 00:13:33

Sonographer*

AutumnRose1988 Sat 09-Apr-16 08:41:34

This happened to me but then went to 12 week scan and the pressure that was applied was much harder than what the dogs feet did but completely know where you are coming from!

Squaffle Sat 09-Apr-16 13:23:00

Try not to worry; I fell down the stairs at 20ish weeks, and for the last part of pregnancy my (very heavy) cat decided to make the bump his resting place and launch pad for jumping: poor little baby must have spent most of maternity leave with paws in her! She's not been affected at all x

mangocoveredlamb Sat 09-Apr-16 20:10:47

Thanks all!
I think all is fine, sometimes it's just hard to tell when you're over reacting and when you're under reacting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now