Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

early cramps

(8 Posts)
beccidaunt Fri 08-Apr-16 15:30:27

Ive just found out that I am 4 weeks pregnant today and this afternoon ive started with what feel like mild upper abdominal cramps im a bit worried as my period would have been due around now but the cramps are a bit higher up so just hoping it could be constipation has anyone else felt this?

Pops1985 Fri 08-Apr-16 16:48:04

I had so many cramps the first week I found I was pregnant, they definitely died down. A friend of mine said, its a bit of stretching and a bit of wind... but I didnt find it anything to worry about. If they get really strong or you bleed, thats when you should consult you doctor! Good luck!

mellysam Fri 08-Apr-16 16:57:24

I agree with pops, the first two (and only) symptoms of my pregnancy were stomach cramps and sore boobs, I remember being reluctant to take a test as I thought I was just due on my period. That was roughly at the same stage you are at now. The cramps went away but the sore boobs stayed. All the best for your pregnancy xx

becciandbump Fri 08-Apr-16 19:38:29

Thanks it does just feel a bit windy and achey it's not painful so I'm not too worried x

FuzzyOwl Fri 08-Apr-16 19:40:25

Stomach cramps and even AF-like pains, whilst worrying, are perfectly normal for most of your pregnancy. It is your uterus growing and your ligaments stretching.

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

underrugsswept Fri 08-Apr-16 21:11:13

I had cramps last time I was pregnant. I'm now 4 weeks with my second pregnancy and had some cramps last night and a few this morning. Chances are it's just your uterus stretching out, don't panic.

1moretime Sat 09-Apr-16 21:26:58

This is my second pregnancy & started with cramp's at 5-6weeks I'm 11 +3 now and still getting them. Had 2 scans all well...was told it's just everything stretching. Congratulations & Good luck xx

Koolkel Sun 10-Apr-16 21:21:29

Just wondering if any one could help and put my mind at ease... So I had iui on the 8th March followed by a negative pregnancy test, and normal heavy period for me two days later. 11 days after my period started I began tracking ovulation as normal and on day 11 I got a strong positive which I don't usually get until day 15 at the earliest so I did another one and it was the same so I did a pregnancy test and it was positive much to my surprise as I was so shocked I tested again on the Sunday (day after) and the Monday again all positive.. I had even used clear blue digital which said pregnant 2-3 both times I have now tested a week later and it still says pregnant but on 1-2 twice which has now panicked me as it has decreased when in theory I should be 6 1/2 almost 7 weeks pregnant so should have increased to 3+ I have had tender boobs and today achey hips but other than that no other symptoms or bleeding since my period which was 19 days ago and lasted 4/5 days! has anyone else had anything similar with the digital tests?? Or any advice?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now