Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Recurring bleeding during pregnancy

(3 Posts)
Plumsieinaonesie Fri 08-Apr-16 05:30:54

I've had two episodes of bleeding in the last week, first lot was bright red, which lasted a few hours an then stopped.Got referred to the epu an had a scan on Monday which was all fine could see a heartbeat but no signs of bleeding from around the baby. They dated me to be 12weeks instead of 11+2 which I was meant to be from my lmp.

Fast forward 3 days an some more bloody browny discharge this time, got referred again, had scan baby was all fine and saw a obs & gyny doctor who then did a internal and said there is evidence of a recent bleed but my cervix looks fine.

Got my 12 weeks scan on Tuesday, will be consultant led due to medical history and they can review it then as it may have something to do with the blood thinning meds I'm taking that's causing it.

Anyone else experienced similar and it turned out OK. I think I'm just going to get paranoid every time it happens.

This is pregnancy no 6 but have 4 kids.

HP07 Fri 08-Apr-16 08:03:04

Hi plum. This is my first pregnancy but I am a bit further along than you are I think. I'm 16 w 3 d and have had all sorts of bleeding on and off throughout the pregnancy. Cervical erosion can definitely be a cause so if you have been told that then try to relax (easier said than done) in the past 2 weeks I have been to the midwife about 5 times to check baby's heart beat and for a private scan to make sure everything is OK. It's very stressful but they said it may be because I have a low lying placenta +/- I have a previous history of erosion as well. Hope everything is OK for you bit just wanted to let you know that you can bleed and baby still be fine.

Plumsieinaonesie Fri 08-Apr-16 09:02:21

Thanks Hp07. A little be a reassuring is always good. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now