Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

baby movement at 34 weeks

(11 Posts)
HarrysMummy17 Wed 06-Apr-16 14:34:40

Hi, just looking for some advice. I've left a voicemail with the midwife and am waiting to hear back.

Baby's movements seem to have decreases over the last couple of days. He is moving but I'm not feeling it as much, occasional flutters or pokes.

My tummy keeps getting hard and I can feel a head or bum sticking out but I don't actually feel him move.

Any suggestions?

Sanch1 Wed 06-Apr-16 14:39:08

Ring your maternity triage and go in and get checked out. They will be more than happy to see you, any reduction in movements needs to be checked. I went in on Monday night as baby had been very quiet all day. You could try lying on your side, or having an ice cold drink to see if that wakes him up but I'd still go in if I were you.

HarrysMummy17 Wed 06-Apr-16 14:51:32

Thanks. I'm not keen on going in with my 3yr old with me. Hopefully dp will finish work early as he started at 5 this morning.

Trying laying on my side just now. He's moving about a bit.

murphyslaws Wed 06-Apr-16 14:53:49

Sometimes as baby gets bigger it's more difficult for them to move hence you don't feel as much.

Still ring midwife. But usually it's fine.

murphyslaws Wed 06-Apr-16 14:54:25

Fizzy drinks , drink it quickly gave mine hiccups

MrsKCastle Wed 06-Apr-16 14:57:20

Please do go and get checked. It's probably fine, but you need someone qualified to have a look. Is there anyone who could have your DC? If not, you could pack some snacks and a tablet to keep him occupied until your DH finishes work.

Pagetta Wed 06-Apr-16 14:59:53

They will always be happy to check baby if you are worried so def give them a call.
FWIW i've noticed that after a few days of major wriggling baby will have quiet day or two (i'm 30weeks). First time this happened i freaked out, but it seems to be a pattern now, and laying on my side, really relaxed always gets some wriggling going too.
Hope all is ok, good he's having a move now x

HarrysMummy17 Wed 06-Apr-16 15:02:27

Thanks for the replies. Since having something sweet and laying down he's been wiggling about a fair bit. I guess bring on my feet quite a bit over the last couple of days has kept him quiet.

Sanch1 Wed 06-Apr-16 15:10:52

Can I just say babies don't move less as they get bigger and run out of room, the type of movements might change e.g. pushes and wriggles rather than kicks but they shouldn't decrease. Also, hiccups are not counted as movements. Please read this www.kickscount.org.uk

Panther79 Wed 06-Apr-16 16:02:45

My son was moving but not as much as before. A few days later I went for an ECV where the scan showed the cord around his neck. I was kept in for an emergency section as although he was moving, the movements were reduced.
I don't want to worry you but I would still go to triage right away.
It might be nothing but rather be safe and put your mind to rest. Good luck flowers

Scroogehaditright15 Wed 06-Apr-16 18:10:50

I hate reading threads like this, where the inevitable 'babies move less when they are bigger', gets trotted out.

They do not move less. The movements change (as has been said), but by now you should know your baby's movements and patterns, and therefore be checked if they change at all.

Hope everything is OK OP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now