Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Knickers!

(15 Posts)
chandelierswinging Tue 05-Apr-16 16:11:54

Can anyone recommend any comfy knickers? Am 19wks pg and really struggling with my usual (high leg) undies!

Previous DCs delivered by c-section plus have since had other abdo surgery and now my usual underwear seems to be settling below my growing bump and right on my scar/s, which is making everything sore sad

Looked at special pg pants but was a bit shock and hmm by the price! Do I need to suck it up and pay for the special preggo kecks? Or are there any cheaper alternatives?

GunShotResidue Tue 05-Apr-16 16:15:29

I'm 34 weeks and still very happy in my full briefs from Asda. I bought them a size or two bigger. They are huge and ugly but very comfortable!

MintyBojingles Tue 05-Apr-16 16:29:12

I got full briefs in a size up from M&S. Not sexy, but very comfortable.

letthefundusbegin Tue 05-Apr-16 16:33:13

Cheap full briefs from primark, they also have slightly shiny 'no vpl' ones which don't have a waist band or seams so are really really comfy and don't dig into your skin as there isn't anything on them to dig in iyswim.

Heirhelp Tue 05-Apr-16 16:39:35

I have bought cheap supermarket granny pants style in a few sizes bigger than I normally wear.

As minty said not sexy but comfort is most important now.

KayTee87 Tue 05-Apr-16 18:12:30

Over bump knickers from new look. Ugly but you won't care grin

chandelierswinging Tue 05-Apr-16 20:19:53

Thanks all. Not at all concerned about the look of them and DH knows not to comment I just want to be comfy! I bought some Bridget Jones knickers for post baby last time, so I'm not sure why I didn't think of them for pregnancy! blush Granny pants, here I come! Awesome grin

Elfontheedge Tue 05-Apr-16 20:24:02

Yep. Full brief (oxymoron?) granny pants. Mine £4 for a 4 pack from tesco 2 sizes bigger than I normally wear. Very comfy at 38 weeks.

Gazelda Tue 05-Apr-16 20:25:49

The most comfy knickers I've ever owned were mother are maternity thongs.

chandelierswinging Tue 05-Apr-16 20:29:46

Thongs? Really? I'm impressed. Not worn a pair of those in about 15 years. I have vague memories of the chafing, but then adding in the delights of swollen bits and piles in pregnancy, there's no way I could even contemplate them! Kudos to you though grin

Gazelda Tue 05-Apr-16 20:44:50

Honestly, they were amazing! I never wear thongs during non-pregnant life, can't bear the chafe. But these were soft, cool and non restrictive.

But they made rubbish dusters when I'd finished with them grin

scoobyloobyloo Tue 05-Apr-16 20:50:34

I'm 27 weeks and still in my M&S Brazilian knickers - super comfy and sit low so no need for massive ones and keeping on pulling up. Full bum coverage smile They look nice too - think they're £12 for 3 pairs.

usernameisalreadyinuse Tue 05-Apr-16 21:27:51

M&S do some soft no VPL knickers that don't rub. Get a size bigger so they're a bit baggy. Jobs a goodun

Suzietwo Tue 05-Apr-16 21:32:34

I found some on Amazon!

Kpo58 Tue 05-Apr-16 21:55:26

I have Midi knickers as I find full briefs go too far up and crush my bump.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now