Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

strong period cramps at 20 weeks

(4 Posts)
Kstar8 Mon 04-Apr-16 06:54:39

Hi guys,
Just wanted to know if anyone has had any similar experiences. I've had strong period cramps (front and in back) since yesterday afternoon. I'm 20 weeks pregnant and have had period pains during both trimesters but never for such a length time as this or intensity.

I went to hospital last night to get checked (urine sample, baby's heart beat etc) and nothing could be identified so told it could be stretching pains. I've had about 5 hours sleep and now woken up with the pains still going strong.
Has anyone had similar pains at this point in pregnancy?

shelbTa Mon 04-Apr-16 11:23:09

Hi

Just wanted to add I'm going through this right now and currently trying to get a docs appointment! It's my first baby and I'm 19 weeks. Also has small bleed at weekend and this morning an intense shooting pain from belly button to foof.

No advice I'm afraid - just a handhold!

X

Kstar8 Mon 04-Apr-16 11:41:54

Hi shelbta,
Sorry to hear you're in pain too. If you can't get a gp appointment today you could ring your hospital direct. Depending on the hospitals criteria, you could be seen by the early pregnancy unit or the delivery/maternity ward. I think the majority allow you to self refer. Hope you're seen soon.

Liss85 Mon 04-Apr-16 17:01:46

I've had similar. I'm 19+2 and yesterday And today I've had back pain the same as when I have a period and the same place in the front hurts but it's more achey than cramps. I was told it was normal and just uterus stretching. If it's proper cramps it could be braxton hicks. I was told if it was that that it feels like a tightening that increases and then goes for a bit. I didn't realise we could have them so early but apparently that's normal too. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it, especially if you've been checked over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now