Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Need advice!

(3 Posts)
celeryeater Sat 02-Apr-16 23:21:15

AIBU -
I'm 34 weeks pregnant, my boyfriend went out drinking at half 3 with a friend, it's now nearly half 11 and he's still not home, starting to get a bit pissed off!
This had been pre-arranged to go for a drink and didn't discuss how long he would be out. Me and him had plans this morning which he quickly cancelled when a friend needed help with his computer. Annoyed that I always seem to come second best to other friends or drinking. Makes me worried what it will be like when the baby comes - or should I just let him enjoy himself now?

Liss85 Sun 03-Apr-16 00:13:56

I don't think you're being unreasonable, but if you haven't mentioned anything to him about how you feel, I don't think he is either. Perhaps he's doing this because he's nervous about how his life will change once the baby is here and he wants to get this stuff in while he still can. I would expect my husband to keep in touch with me if he was out that long, but we probably keep in touch more than other couples so I don't know if that's normal or not.

I'd talk to him about how you feel and go from there.

possum18 Sun 03-Apr-16 00:48:35

Ugh I had this last week, 35 weeks pregnant with twins at the time and DP went to a stag do that started at 12 lunchtime. Agreed he wouldn't go over the top and get paralytic drunk incase I went into labour.
Around 10pm I didn't feel well and asked him to come home and he went nuts and was really annoyed. Turned up eventually at my dads where I was spending the night, he was sooooo drunk!
He was annoyed that he thought I just didn't want him to go out, but turned out I'd had a sudden onset of preeclampsia and spent 5 nights in hospital.

I think the big night out was his way of getting it out his system, plus nerves and excitement.. Bla bla

It was a one off, if it became a regular occurrence id be more concerned. It's terrible timing though doing it this late in the pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now