Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Growth scan at 32weeks- normal?

(7 Posts)
Sunita2016 Sat 02-Apr-16 18:15:24

I am 32+3 today and went for a scan today. Baby's measurements were:
Estimated weight - 2070g (4lb 9oz)
BPD (Biparietal diameter) - 8.67cm - 98.62pctl
AC (Abdominal circumference) - 27.53cm-52.61pctl
FL (Femur length) - 6.26cm-64.28pctl
Hum-5.76cm-88.15pctl
AFI - avg 2.11 cm

Is this a normal measurement? Doc asked me to check next week too - I am worried now. As all the measurements don't match up. Could it be a sign of Down syndrome?

Thanks all of you in advance.

seven201 Sat 02-Apr-16 19:21:59

I had a growth scan last week and the letter for my files included plotting the measurements on the charts. Some were above, some a bit below etc. Did you not get given anything similar? Mines 28weeks so I can show it for you to refer against I'm afraid as it's obviously very different to 32 weeks.

Sunita2016 Mon 04-Apr-16 17:51:53

Thanks seven201-Nope I didn't get anything like that- May be I m wrong this is not growth scan. It was a regular visit at 32weeks- just becoz I saw the measurements I thought it's called growth scan. Figures made me worry sad

someoneelsesbrain Mon 04-Apr-16 17:55:46

I just had a scan at 32+6 and my measurements were similar (baby weighed 4.10) and he plotted just below the 50th centile.

Sunita2016 Mon 04-Apr-16 18:13:29

Thanks for replying someoneelsesbrain. I have read anything between 10-90percentile is a good figure. My baby BPF is 98percentile, which worries me... Can't wait to see what doc has to say next....

Wonder if anyone had varying percentiles?

CharlyWooplus2 Tue 05-Apr-16 18:45:13

I have been having regular growth scans as baby looked small. Some of those measurements are calculations of other measurements, e.g. BPD, so this is less significant than say, HC or AC. The actual HC & AC measurements themselves give a better idea.

To have varying percentages across baby's anatomy is also ok - has been explained to me as genetic variation where it falls within normal range (1 to 100 is all normal). So for example, mine has a head on 27th centile, but legs on 67th...
My baby weighed 3.11 at 31+1, and is considered a little on the small side. Sounds like your baby is doing just fine. Try not to worry flowers did the doctor say why he want you back the following week? I was told that for growth scans they need to leave a minimum of 2 weeks between them to allow for adequate growth.

Sunita2016 Tue 05-Apr-16 21:14:13

Thanks CharlyWooplus2-doc wants to check the measurements after 2 weeks - didn't say why. I also have 3 fibroids - one of them is growing and last it was 8cm. Hopefully shall find out in 2 weeks.

Thanks again - it's reassuring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now