Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can I have my mirena coil removed when I'm on my period?

(16 Posts)
rausten Sat 02-Apr-16 09:57:58

Hello ladies!!

I am new to mumsnet, I am having my coil out on monday (April 4th). I have just started bleeding and am now panicking as it took ages to get an appointment. Can I still have it out if I'm bleeding???? I am loathed to book another one as my husband and I a desperate to start trying for baby number 2 and if I re book, it could easily be another 4 weeks before they can book me in again.

Thank you for your replies in advance

smile

lamusic Sat 02-Apr-16 10:01:12

Taken from nhs page
•It can be removed at any time by a specially trained doctor or nurse and you'll quickly return to normal levels of fertility.

MummySparkle Sat 02-Apr-16 10:02:08

I had a coil fitted on my period, logic says removal should be fine too

rausten Sat 02-Apr-16 10:04:11

Thank you so so much!!! I am so relieved. smile

It is very exciting, I can't wait to have another littleone.

x

MummySparkle Sat 02-Apr-16 12:31:56

Aww, that's lovely. The nurse was fine when I took mine out, I was embarrassed that I had bled on the chair a little and she told me it wasn't my fault, I couldn't help it and really put me at ease

MummySparkle Sat 02-Apr-16 12:39:18

*had mine fitted

My original one came out of its own accord

rausten Sat 02-Apr-16 13:13:02

Thank you. Now I just have the long eagerly anticipated wait until I fall with baby no. 2.

I have a window of time between 4-5 months before it will be a bit more difficult with work. I know that's major pressure but such is life with money etc lol.

MummySparkle Sat 02-Apr-16 23:54:46

I had that, so we started early. I work in education so was hoping for a September birthday so I could get extra mat leave over the holidays. She arrived in June with only a 16mo gap between DS and DD. Oops! Worth every second though

rausten Sun 03-Apr-16 13:00:50

I'm a teacher too!! So I'm hoping to have one april/may time so I can get back for the last week of term so I can have extra time over the summer holsconfused

MummySparkle Mon 04-Apr-16 12:25:15

As in the summer hols that year? You're brave!

rausten Mon 04-Apr-16 17:23:58

Yeah. I only work 2 1/2 days a week so I'm hoping to do the last week of term so I get full pay again over the holiday. It will be hard but I can't afford to be away from work very long sad but as I said it's only part time so not away all week thank god!!! But update! It's out!!!!!! It wasn't too bad at all smile x

Off topic but I had DD last April and went back to work 1St day of the summer hols so didn't have to actually go back and had the summer fully paid! Dc2 is due in Nov but hoping to take a bit longer this time as it all went too fast last time. Good luck ttc.

rausten Mon 04-Apr-16 21:36:28

This is exactly what I want to do!!! I know it will go quickly but it's what I need to do to keep the money going lol! Excited now x

I went back full time which I think was why it was so hard, but part time is certainly doable. Good luck. I got pg in July to make it work, made the most of end of term relaxing and nights out and it all worked out well!!

conkerpods Mon 04-Apr-16 22:41:36

I got pregnant the week after I had my coil removed,I then had a miscarriage. In the hospital they told me you must wait for one natural period before trying to conceive. Just to make you aware in case you haven't been told this.

rausten Tue 05-Apr-16 09:59:20

Thank you all for your helpful advice! Conkerpods I don't think it will happen immediately as it took me 4 months for my first so hopefully it will be fine smile. Littlegreycat. . . That is the plan fingers crossed it will work :D xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now