We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

hormonal rages

(4 Posts)
BearGryllsHasaBigRope Fri 01-Apr-16 19:37:01

This is DC3, I should have a bloody clue by now, but how on earth do I control my hormones at the moment?

I'm 9 weeks, and so on edge, it's a nightmare. I feel completely out of my depth with my eldest (who I shouted at this afternoon, and then spent an hour sobbing after), and as if I cannot cope with all the extra twatting hormones!

Does anyone please, please have any tips? Before my 5yo declares me the worlds shittest mother and moves out.

BearGryllsHasaBigRope Fri 01-Apr-16 22:48:12

Anyone?

SevenOhTwo Sat 02-Apr-16 11:59:22

I don't think you can control them, I think I you have to accept them and be very gentle and kind to yourself.

I felt horrific between about 6 and 10 weeks with this pg - also my third, and I also have a 5yo to deal with (and a 3yo). I was emotional, anxious, panicky, nauseous, brooding about all sorts of meaningless shit all day long and it was totally tiring, so you have all my sympathy.

This is what I suggest -
- make sure you're eating enough, often enough, and sitting down/taking little time outs enough. I needed lots of regular food in the early days, and allowing myself to be 'lazy' and take lots of breaks really helped
- arrange time out from your dcs - get relatives/friends to take them if you can, or if you can leave them at home with DP/DH whilst you get a break, do it.
- i arranged a counselling session via a pregnancy counselling charity - partly because I was feeling so awful I had considered termination for a little while despite desperately wanting to be pg. by the time I talked to the counsellor I wasn't thinking about that anymore but it was really useful to have an hour just talking to someone neutral
- hang in there! It's very likely to get better soon. If you're like me, I started perking up a bit around 10w, and then between say 14 and 23 I really turned a corner and had that second trimester energy everyone talks about, but that I never got with my other pregnancies. I am feeling good now at 37w, although much more tired, - that first bit was by far the worst.

BearGryllsHasaBigRope Sun 03-Apr-16 08:49:39

Thank you so much for your reply. I've rested up this weekend and I'm starting to feel better. Was considering some sort of counselling too, so it's good to know that you found that helpful. My midwife told me that third babies are a bit tricky. I think this one is proving her right already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now