Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

dry eyes

(5 Posts)
TheLuckDragon Thu 31-Mar-16 21:55:30

I am 24 weeks and my eyes are soooooo dry. I also have an itchy left nipple which is driving me mad and the skin on my arms seems to be dry too. Has anyone else had this? It's mainly the dry eyes that are bothering me and drops are not helping sad

emmac3616 Thu 31-Mar-16 22:56:32

I had this several times earlier in pregnancy... i actually ended up with red eye / mild conjunctivitis too... so annoying as the chemist wouldnt give me the conjunctivitis eye drops either as i was pregnant... just used normal Optrex in the end which was at least soothing.

JellyBaby26 Fri 01-Apr-16 07:46:20

First pregnancy I suffered with terrible dry eyes and my vision really suffered!

Not rally sure if there is anything you can do either...

TheLuckDragon Fri 01-Apr-16 09:21:38

Thanks both, seems I'm just going to have to put up with it!

Spotsondots Fri 01-Apr-16 10:06:41

I had this so badly that I couldn't open my eyes in the morning. It was awful. My optician recommended a product called systane (?sp) you can buy it off the shelf by the contact lens stuff in boots. It's about £15 IIRC (this was three years ago) but it did help. It's like a lubricating most that you spray onto closed eyelids. It works its way to the eye (quite quickly) and does provide a good deal of relief. HTH.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now