Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nausea and diarrhea :(

(6 Posts)
SouthDownsSunshine Thu 31-Mar-16 20:54:17

5 weeks pregnant, and in the last few days the nausea has really kicked off. Today, it's been accompanied by awful diarrhea.

I had this in my pregnancy for dd, I couldn't eat much and it just went straight through me. So I'm taking it as a good sign (after 3 miscarriages), but I'd forgotten how grim it is sad

Has anyone else suffered from diarrhea rather than vomiting?

SaraC8 Thu 31-Mar-16 21:02:07

Me confused around 4-6 weeks I think, then it settled down for a couple of weeks, just enough to let me think I was a lucky one...then the nausea and vomiting arrived. Happy days! grin

ohidoliketobe Thu 31-Mar-16 21:06:23

Oh yes with first pregnancy until about 10 weeks. Then I had a few weeks respite and started vomiting daily due to acid reflux. That lasted from wk 17 up to his date of birth!
Currently 17 wks pregnant with DC2 and have suffered from hyperemesis from wk 6.
Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy

SouthDownsSunshine Thu 31-Mar-16 21:12:47

With dd I had it until week 18. It only fully disappeared once I gave birth.

I feel like I've been hit by a car, bleurgh. But I'm holding onto the fact it's a good sign for the pregnancy.

I'm very rarely sick, only a handful of times in my life. I'm hoping it doesn't turn into vomiting.

Vap0 Thu 31-Mar-16 21:13:50

Yep, I had the trots for a couple of weeks around wk 5/6/7 ish. Luckily it never progressed to vomiting and eased off after a couple of weeks or so. I am now the most regular I have ever been, every day without fail as opposed to pre pregnancy when it would be every 3rd or 4th day. I'm considering myself super lucky not having the constipation that so many people talk about. Hope it eases soon for you. thanks

Fwaffy Thu 31-Mar-16 21:15:59

I had diarrhoea in the early days with my first and just plain old vomiting with this one (21 weeks now and long since settled thank god).

I've always saluted my body at the irony of having "reassurance" come in such a disgusting format!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now