Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pain in lower abdomen

(7 Posts)
PPie10 Thu 31-Mar-16 18:53:08

Hi mners, please can someone tell me what this pain could be. It started last night and has been continuing on and off during the day. Pain is on the left side of lower pubic area. It starts from pubic area in a straight line upwards till hipbone height and one the left side. I notice it's worse when I go to have a wee. Sorry tmi, but urine is not burning at all just get this stabbing, sharp pain while I'm on the loo as I'm weeing. Right side is fine.
Any ideas what it might be? Am 17 weeks+1

mamabear25 Thu 31-Mar-16 19:14:08

Hi Hun. Sounds to me like your getting stretches. Can be quite sore sometimes but it's just the body making room for that little miracle your growing inside of you. Nothing to worry about grin

PPie10 Thu 31-Mar-16 20:58:02

Thanks mamasmile it's just on one side and quite sore at the moment. Hopefully it eases out.

rosetintedspectacles Thu 31-Mar-16 22:12:49

I'm 17+3, and have exactly the same pains at the moment! Worse when I go to the loo, or stand suddenly after being sat down for a while. Unless I'm very much mistaken, it's round ligament pain and is totally normal and nothing to worry about. Feels scary though, such a sharp pain at times!

PPie10 Fri 01-Apr-16 09:39:45

Thanks rose, today it feels sort of like a dull ache. And when I press on that one spot the pain is sharp, but it's just that one spot. Does that sound normal?

rosetintedspectacles Fri 01-Apr-16 09:59:32

Absolutely, those are the sorts of pains I've been getting too! I spoke to my midwife about it a couple of weeks ago, and she said as long as it's not accompanied by any spotting or cramping, there's nothing sinister going on. Just rest up as much as possible, and maybe give your midwife a call just to put your mind at rest? smile

PPie10 Fri 01-Apr-16 16:56:02

Hi rose I got a bit too worried so went in and saw my consultant who reassured mesmile thanks for the reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now