Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Swollen gum, wisdom tooth relief at 40 weeks

(6 Posts)
Sofie565 Thu 31-Mar-16 11:39:49

HI

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problemproblem. My wisdom tooth has decided to come out in full force during week 39 now week 40 of my pregnancy.

I was going to wait until the baby was born but the swelling won't go away.

Does anyone have any tips for relief??

My due date was yesterday so the little one is likely on his way.

Everythinggettingbigger Thu 31-Mar-16 13:41:17

Hi try Orajel, can get it in pharmacies, its like a bonjela type but its great it numbs the area

Hope you get it sorted, ive had problems with an abscess this pregnancy and not being able to take anything was horrific! Got it sorted through an emergency dentist in the end but the only thing that allowed me a break from the pain for some sleep was Orajel.

MintyBojingles Thu 31-Mar-16 14:19:05

When mine came through bonjella helped loads, as did soaking a toothbrush in hot water so it softened up, then brushing the gums gently with it. Helps keep out infection. Also paracetamol might help a little?

Sofie565 Thu 31-Mar-16 14:32:00

Thank you Everythinggettingbigger and MintyBojingles smile Will get my partner to pick some up.

Good tip about softening the toothbrush also :-)

Glad I joined Mumsnet already it's lessened the little pains !

namaste30 Thu 31-Mar-16 16:32:46

Hey- caveat- non official advice etc etc see a dentist ASAP-
But.... If you came to see me and indeed you were having some wisdom tooth discomfort I would be washing the area with chlorhexidine containing mouthwash as advising this or warm salty water- the majority of the inflammation and pain is caused by the skin around being irritated rather than them actually moving..so cleaning really really well is the solution. You should try to get an appointment, to rule out infection. If you have any swelling spreading or feeling of nausea or temperature get yourself to a&e as it is serious in this stage of pregn!!!! Good luck xx

Dixiechick17 Thu 31-Mar-16 21:51:26

Try anbesol, I use it when my DD ia teething and have used it on mouth ulcers, temporarily numbs the area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now