Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Wierd leg sensation...

(8 Posts)
jellybelly85 Thu 31-Mar-16 08:19:13

I'm 29w today and for the past 3-4day have been having a strange sensation in my right leg. I did a few exercises - squats, lunges and some back exercises recommended by my physio - and the right side of my hip wasn't loving it. The leg sensation started as a small patch on my outter right thigh which felt really sensitive (almost like a bruise was coming on, but it wasn't bruised). It's since expanded to cover most of the front of my thigh and inner thigh...

Has anyone ever had this before? Should I be worried? Anything I can do to get rid of it?

mscherryviolet Thu 31-Mar-16 08:25:03

Well I've never experienced that but I'm 39+1 and for the last 5 weeks I've been having boiling hot feet and restless legs. Over the last week my left calf has been having really bad cramp, to the point I'm in tears. I don't know what your sensitive patch is but the pain in your hip could be SPD? Does your pelvis hurt?

jellybelly85 Thu 31-Mar-16 08:41:14

Hi mscherryviolet I've had sporadic calf cramps too (so annoying and painful!!) - osteopath said it was probably due to how I've been walking since my centre of gravity changed (ie overuse of calf muscles, some people overuse their thighs).

It may be SPD - I understand that to be the general term covering Hip pain associated with pregnancy. Problem is I saw a physio last weekend - previous hip pain had disappeared and he gave me exercises for lower back pain - and these seem to have started a new issue up! I imagine it is related to hip pain and possibly due to pressure on a nerve or something...

mscherryviolet Thu 31-Mar-16 09:15:48

Aw jelly well I can only suggest asking midwife. I was walking round in agony for ages before I asked about it. I do hope you manage to find out what it is and get it sorted! There's nothing worse than all these pains that can't be explained :-( I completely understand how you feel. x

jellybelly85 Thu 31-Mar-16 09:26:06

Thanks cherry. I'm due to move house next week and transfer my care, so I think I'll raise it at my first appointment in the new area (not a fan of my local midwife here). Hope your pregnancy is going ok.

imip Thu 31-Mar-16 09:27:54

Restless legs? Are you compelled move it to get relief?

jellybelly85 Thu 31-Mar-16 09:33:17

Hi imip nope it's not restless legs - I've had that before. Just a strange sensitive sensation all over my right thigh. And slight increasing pain in my right hip since this morning too.

mscherryviolet Thu 31-Mar-16 16:05:19

Yeah it's going ok apart from the boiling feet at night so I can't sleep! Lol. I also have restless leg and it's a pain. I hope you get sorted though for sure! Sounds like a right pain in the bum x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now