Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

32 weeks preg, bmi gone from 32 to 30

(6 Posts)
ghostspirit Wed 30-Mar-16 20:03:11

is this a good thing or not?

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Wed 30-Mar-16 20:11:34

Are you purposefully trying to lose weight? Have you changed your eating habits? Suffered bad morning sickness?

ghostspirit Wed 30-Mar-16 20:20:06

no... i have had a bad throat for about 4 weeks it makes me cough and i chuck up most of what i have eaten.

UnmentionedElephantDildo Wed 30-Mar-16 20:20:57

BMI does't work during pregnancy.

If you are concerned that you are losing weight, you need to talk to your MW. When is your next appointment?

ghostspirit Wed 30-Mar-16 20:27:48

well i think i have lost about a stone in 4 weeks. if bmi does not work then why do they put it down in pregnnacy book? im not overly worried. baby will take what he needs. my midwife is crap she over talks me. as said though not overly worried just something i was wondering really

SpecialStains Wed 30-Mar-16 20:41:30

I wouldn't worry too much. My bmi dropped from 22 to 19/20 between weeks 5 and 16 and I'm only just starting to gain weight again at week 20, though I have had bad pregnancy sickness. My very lovely midwife said not to worry about the weight loss and that it wouldn't affect baby in the slightest (and indeed informed my dh that I was to eat anything I felt I could!). If you are dehydrated from the vomiting and struggle to keep down fluids then that is something to worry about.

I would second a chat with a midwife, can yours do a phone consultation? Always get reassurance from a hcp rather than people on the internet! Ask to see or talk to a different midwife if you don't get on with your current one - it's a common enough request and you are entitled to do so.

Best of luck with your pregnancy. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now