Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

itchy!!!!!

(7 Posts)
Supercalafraga Wed 30-Mar-16 18:21:33

15 weeks pregnant and SO itchy - mainly belly and boobs.... Anyone have any suggestions? Am making sure my skin is well moisturised but it is starting to drive me insane - seems worse at night! What could be causing it?! Thanks

Supercalafraga Wed 30-Mar-16 18:22:14

Also meant to add that this is DC2 and don't remember it this bad first time.

Heirhelp Wed 30-Mar-16 21:19:01

You need to ring your maternity unit ASAP as it can be sign of a serious liver problem.

SirNiallDementia Wed 30-Mar-16 21:25:12

Ask your midwife or GP to arrange a blood test to rule out Obstetric Cholastasis.

This is a condition where the pregnancy hormones affect the working of the liver which causes severe itching.

And don't let the medical folk fob you off with "well, with OC it's your hands and feet that itch" - they were the only parts of my body that DIDN'T itch when I had it!

Supercalafraga Thu 31-Mar-16 07:57:16

Thanks so much... Had seen this but thought it only happened in the third trimester... Woke up with a rash on my stomach this morning so will definitely get it checked at my midwife appointment tomorrow.

Sanch1 Thu 31-Mar-16 12:02:44

Could be PUPPS if your belly and boobs.

JulieBolton79 Fri 01-Apr-16 09:04:22

I have had itching since 9w and I'm now 30w, I was tested and no issues with liver and doc gave me some cream which eased it s little. In the end I looked for a antihistamine which is safe if pregnancy and the NHS website said citrizine is safe. I take one a day and it keeps the itch at bay completely. I buy Asdas own brand as the branded ones like piriton or benadryl are dear. Here's the link to NHS website http://www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/935.aspx?categoryid=54 it's always best to discuss this with your doctor or midwife before taking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now