Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this test positive?

(24 Posts)
boldaslovex Wed 30-Mar-16 13:19:44

At the beginning of Feb 16 (last month) I found out that I was pregnant, completley unplanned. Have only been with my been with my boyfriend about 7 months. Anyway, it turns out I have a very early miscarriage (chemical pregnancy) and about a week later 16th Feb i got the Depo Contraceptive injection. Anyway, all day yesterday and this morning i had period like cramps and have never experienced this before, even when i was pregnant for the short time last month. So i rushed and got a test this morning from Superdrug, early pregnancy detection and I think it's positive, do you? I have never used this brand before so can anyone who has or are more clued up on hpts than I am let me know if they think this is pos, thank you XXXX

Cheekylittlemonkeypants Wed 30-Mar-16 13:25:33

I would say that's definitely a positive.

Imnotaslimjim Wed 30-Mar-16 13:28:30

I would say its positive. I don't know what the implications of having had the depo will have on the pregnancy so you need to get in touch with your Dr and talk it through I would think.

InQuiteAPickle Wed 30-Mar-16 13:29:01

Yes, definitely.

Pinkheart5915 Wed 30-Mar-16 13:34:39

Yes definitely. The superdrug test you used are one of the best around imo.

StarkyTheDirewolf Wed 30-Mar-16 13:35:16

Is it the superdrug tests which have two vertical lines? As opposed to the clear blue style ones with a plus/minus. If it's the former I'm going to go against the grain and say negative.

Was it within the time limit (first couple of minutes) when you took the picture? What does it look like now? Sorry for all the questions but when I used the early superdrug tests they looked like that for about 5 minutes while the urine was flooding across. Then it cleared up into a solid negative/positive if you know ow what I mean.

zoomtothespoon Wed 30-Mar-16 17:20:32

It doesn't look like it's finished clearing yet. Can you take another pic now so show how it ended?

BastardGoDarkly Wed 30-Mar-16 17:25:02

Should it be just a line or a cross?

Ruthiesj Wed 30-Mar-16 17:26:26

I'm always a little bemused when people post a photo of their test without the detail from the instructions telling us what a positive or negative result is supposed to look like. Given there are so many options on the market and there's no standard positive indicator, it's impossible to tell from the stick alone.

InQuiteAPickle Wed 30-Mar-16 17:57:27

Yes, that's true but usually a + symbol means positive as - is negative. There is a very clear + symbol in the window!

Whatever happens, I hope it's a happy outcome for you, OP flowers.

StarkyTheDirewolf Wed 30-Mar-16 18:10:52

Only if it's supposed to have a + sign though inquite . As far as I know, the super early superdrug tests have two vertical lines (one in each window ) the vertical what looks like line is the urine saturating across the test. Happy to be corrected if superdrug have changed the style of tests. smile

zoomtothespoon Wed 30-Mar-16 18:13:25

From the Google lifted image they're supposed to be two straight lines so I can't work yours out confused

InQuiteAPickle Wed 30-Mar-16 18:32:55

Ah, I see confused. I was going to say that usually if it's not a test that shows a + then it's usually two vertical lines for a positive otherwise it's a line in the control window and a +.

However, the last time I was pregnant was 5/6 years ago! shock

InQuiteAPickle Wed 30-Mar-16 18:33:41

Come back OP and tell us the instructions! grin

boldaslovex Wed 30-Mar-16 20:49:03

Hi everyone sorry for not stating the instructions, i was just overwhelmed smile))) Yes it is supposed to be two vertical lines.. But I know from previous posts people on here have had different variations of a positive test where they don't always look like the results stated. I saw this post while looking for answers wondering if it could be pos still.. And also this is my test now x

BastardGoDarkly Wed 30-Mar-16 20:50:40

Then it looks negative love. Is that bad news? flowers

Sadmother Wed 30-Mar-16 20:55:49

That looks negative

NotWithoutMyMerkin Wed 30-Mar-16 21:01:53

It's negative, sorry. The horizontal line is just where the dye has travelled

boldaslovex Wed 30-Mar-16 21:07:07

It isn't bad news as I am on the injection I knew myself there was a very slim chance it was positive, but i fell pregnant on the pill last month so just wanted some reassurance. Ill go to the doctors anyway as I am experiencing a lot of pain still envy Thank you all X ill let you know how i get on X

BastardGoDarkly Wed 30-Mar-16 21:07:52

Yes, do smile

boldaslovex Thu 31-Mar-16 11:00:42

Hi just letting you all know I took the day off work today and managed to get an appointment with my doctor this morning. And I am in fact pregnant, the doctor done a urine test and the two lines appeared straight away shock I am in so much shock I don't know what to think X

Pinkheart5915 Thu 31-Mar-16 11:01:43

Congratulations then X

Imnotaslimjim Thu 31-Mar-16 11:47:55

That must have been a huge surprise after everyone saying you definitely were not last night

I won't say congratulations just yet, as you haven't said if you're happy about it or not. There is a lot of choices open to you, if you need them. Did the Dr say anything about the effects of the jab on the foetus?

BastardGoDarkly Thu 31-Mar-16 15:42:57

shock grin shock !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now