Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pounding heart beat in my left ear at 25 weeks - is this pregnancy related??

(7 Posts)
LimesMum Wed 30-Mar-16 12:11:18

For the last few days I seem to have an almost constant really loud heart beat in my left ear? Im 25 weeks and wondering if this can be pregnancy related?

I also sometimes feel like my heart is really beating hard in my chest and throat if this makes any sense ??

I feel fine otherwise but just thought I'd see if anyone else has experienced this?

Thanks

PotOfYoghurt Wed 30-Mar-16 12:39:19

When was your blood pressure last checked?

nehagarg Wed 30-Mar-16 13:15:04

Heartbeat in your ear is normal .. I have had it since I was about 25 weeks. It drives me crazy but no other issues. My BP is perfectly normal.

Would get your BP checked though to be sure, if you are having palpitations.

Osirus Wed 30-Mar-16 22:39:49

I have that. My blood pressure was also slightly raised at my midwife appointment last week (28 weeks).

Namechanger2015 Wed 30-Mar-16 22:43:45

I had that, it used to drive me nuts. It's so do with having increased blood volume.

My GP said hold your nose and blow out really hard, puffing your cheeks etc. Do it every hour or so in the day. It helped a bit.

StandoutMop Wed 30-Mar-16 22:46:46

Yep, had it in all 3 pregnancies. Really, really annoying and completely unfixable apparently. Did make it easier to tune out annoying mil though (silver linings and all that).

FoxgloveStar Thu 31-Mar-16 01:53:30

My resting heart rate and breathing rate are high due to baby squashing lungs. Not a lot to do about it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now