Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early pregnancy pain lh side

(15 Posts)
LittleLionMansMummy Wed 30-Mar-16 09:47:41

Just wondering if anyone else has had this and it turned out to be normal. 6+2 and have had intermittent discomfort on the left hand side since day one. It was more painful and regular around the time I got my bfp and has lessened over time. Some days I don't feel anything at all but now when it happens it's more mild discomfort than 'pain'. No cramping or bleeding and otherwise feel fine. I haven't had my booking in appointment with the mw yet (she hasn't contacted me) so no scan yet booked. The form I completed only asked if i'd had bleeding but not pain. I ov'd from left side before conceiving. Didn't experience anything like this with my first until second trimester (round ligament pain) so have nothing to compare it to. Anyone else had this?

sizethree Wed 30-Mar-16 10:49:52

Any one sided pain should definitely be checked out, just in case it's an ectopic pregnancy.
I'd call your midwife or if you have a local Early Pregnancy Unit contact them.
Unlikely to be anything to be worried about and there's lots of weird little pains in early pregnancy to do with burrowing in and round ligament pains as you mentioned. But certainly best to get yourself checked over. X

sizethree Wed 30-Mar-16 10:50:59

Ps. It could also be a corpus leutium cyst on the Fallopian tube you ovulated from. I had that in my first pregnancy. But please do get seen. X

iloveberries Wed 30-Mar-16 12:03:51

Call early pregnancy unit please.

It may well be nothing but I ignored sharp pain on right hand side and ended up with an emergency operation when my tube burst due to ectopic.

Please post back to let us know you're ok

iloveberries Wed 30-Mar-16 12:04:41

Incidentally with my current pregnancy I had the same as you describe on the other side and all was fine but always better to check. 💐

LittleLionMansMummy Wed 30-Mar-16 18:11:56

Mw called while I was in the car with dsis earlier so couldn't talk properly as don't want to tell anyone I'm pregnant yet so just agreed to a booking in date at 9 weeks. I tried calling her back later out of dsis earshot and left a message explaining about the occasional pain/ discomfort on one side in case she thinks it needs looking at so guess if she thinks it's a worry she'll call back.

Abodago81 Wed 30-Mar-16 19:18:09

I had numerous checks and scans due to quite painful, nagging, low left side pain from four weeks preg. It was nothing but they def wanted to rule out ectopic at that time. I'm now 32 weeks and still have the pain sometimes. Absolutely no case ( cyst, stretching or otherwise!) has ever been found. It's just odd. Hope yours passes soon xx

LittleLionMansMummy Thu 31-Mar-16 10:09:39

A bit of an update. I called the early pregnancy unit who were fab and have asked me in for a scan this Saturday. They were very reassuring that the pain hasn't got worse, there's no bleeding and nothing else in my history that concerns them but said they do need to rule out ectopic.

HP07 Thu 31-Mar-16 10:33:55

I too had a one sided (LHS) pain/discomfort in early pregnancy. No cause was found and it went away on its own in the end. Good luck with your scan.

iloveberries Thu 31-Mar-16 10:56:46

Great news. Always better to get it checked out

duckyisback Thu 31-Mar-16 11:23:02

Thanks chat, I think our minds will always find something to worry about.

I have a new worry at the moment. I have been getting sharp pains down my sides. I know I had this with ds and they put it down to ligament pain or something. I just read a thread and people are talking about ectopic pregnancies sad I'm trying to promises myself not to look into these things any more!

findingmyfeet12 Thu 31-Mar-16 11:26:01

I had this on my right side (and I'd ovulated from that side three times in succession after having puregon injections).

I was scanned etc and told that my ovary was tender from all the stimulation and it would die down of its own accord. It has stopped now.

I was worried about an ectopic as I had some brown discharge too which is why I had it checked out.

sizethree Thu 31-Mar-16 12:45:45

Really pleased you're getting seen. Keep us updated.

LittleLionMansMummy Sat 02-Apr-16 10:27:02

So I had my scan today. Baby is in the right place and a heartbeat and fetal pole was visible. Measuring 5+6 rather than what I had thought (6+5) but guess they can't be that accurate at this stage? They said to tell gp if lhs pain continues (there are a few cysts on left ovary which I suspected anyway as knew I had pcos).

iloveberries Sat 02-Apr-16 20:32:29

Fantastic.
Also very reassuring that they can see a heartbeat at this stage.
Congratulations 💐

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now