Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

8wks, sickness stopped, dull AF cramps in abdomen and lower back. Very worried

(4 Posts)
Oooblimey Tue 29-Mar-16 22:54:47

Had previous MCs but was really hopeful for this one as I've been soooo sick for last couple of weeks. Stopped feeling sick yesterday and all day today have had the dull cramps and lower back ache I get a few days before AF. Very worried. Anyone had similar?
Also as this was IVF the meds I'm on mean if it is MC I'm not likely to bleed I think.

Havetobecrazytolivehere Tue 29-Mar-16 23:24:37

Hi, I don't know if this will help but I had similar symptoms around 8wks.
I was kinda expecting it though as I worked out it was when my period would have been, I did find it a bit scary as I had a mc just a few months before.
I am just over 12 weeks now and again had some AF type cramps and backache a few days ago which is when I would have had AF.
It's impossible not to worry about every twinge when you have had a mc but it might just be that and of course there are lots of twinges as the uterus gets bigger.
If you are worried you can always give your gp/mw a ring. Hope this helps.

Oooblimey Tue 29-Mar-16 23:35:05

Thanks for the reassuring response Havetobe I have an early scan booked for Friday, I think this may become the longest 3 days ever! It's nice to hear reassuring stories to keep me going though xx

KatoPotato Wed 30-Mar-16 00:06:22

It's quite common to get these symptoms around the time you'd usually get AF, but keep an eye on yourself xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now