Talk

Advanced search

Been referred to DVT clinic for numbness in thigh. thought it was just baby on nerves

(2 Posts)
bippitybopityboo Tue 29-Mar-16 17:58:22

I have been having numbness in my left thigh since about 15 weeks pregnant now 24+6. Saw the midwife today who said prob just baby on nerves which I thought too so have never worried. When I got home my midwife called and said I need to go to DVT clinic tomorrow at 1pm incase I have a clot. She said it's unlikely but needs to be checked. I panic anyway so this will be a sleepless night sad
I have been on asprin since 12 weeks and u really didn't think it would be anything to worry about. I have no other DVT symptoms!
Has anyone ever had the numbness and it's been ok?

CocklesandMussels Wed 30-Mar-16 10:43:13

Hi bippity, I think numbness is much less likely to be a DVT and more likely a nerve thing. But best to have the scan to be sure. If it's a DVT it can be treated.
Is the numbness on the outside of the thigh? If so it might be myalgia paraesthetica which is not serious and quite common. I had it in my last pregnancy. It went away by itself and came back when I used a sling that was pressing on my pelvis!
Good luck with the scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now