Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scariest morning ever, 14 weeks pregnant

(5 Posts)
MrsPickwick Tue 29-Mar-16 17:27:33

This morning at about 4:30 I woke to a big wet patch in bed. It wasn't pee, and I immediately thought my waters had gone. Rang EPU, and was told to come straight in. Had a long wait, pee test, amnioquick test from cervix, Doppler and finally a scan, which showed that baby was fine and had plenty of fluid to swim around in.

So we were really relieved obviously, but I'm still concerned and confused by what happen. What was the leak, what did it mean, where did it come from, will it happen again? If so, will it be worse next time? Nobody could answer these questions.

Has anyone ever had anything similar happen to them?

Possible relevant details: I had a very stressful weekend involving needing an X-ray on my hand and antibiotics, little food and not enough sleep.

I also had a very, um, intense sex dream last night - but I've had those every night of my pregnancy, and have never created a big wet patch from them, so... I also wasn't at all sweaty.

Please help!

Dixiechick17 Tue 29-Mar-16 19:27:00

Had you had a bath before bed? Sometimes water can collect and come out after a bath, has happened to me and happened in pregnancy.

MrsPickwick Tue 29-Mar-16 20:16:47

Alas no confused

daydream86 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:30:53

hi I had something similar experience on Saturday night. I'm 13 weeks and have a known small extra chorionic haematoma. it has previously caused light bleeding but hasn't really given me any trouble for a few weeks. On Saturday night though I felt a bit of a gush when I was out with friends and it was realy damp in nickers with some blood tinged fluid. I went home to rest and since then I've had brown grainy type discharge, sorry if TMI!! I've decided since it'stooped shortly after it started and have a scan tomorrow anyway I will just run it by the sonographer. it's a bit worrying though I did think is this amniotic fluid?x

Dixiechick17 Tue 29-Mar-16 22:42:12

I did have it happen another time at 24 weeks, soaked through a pad, underwear and through my jeans, cervix was closed. Had an Internal scan which showed pockets of fluid which the consultant said could have possibly been a leak from my hind waters, didn't happen again for the rest of the pregnancy and I went to 40+5.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now