Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

December due date buddies!

(430 Posts)
fiddlesticks123 Tue 29-Mar-16 15:45:42

Hi Girls

We found out on Good Friday that we're expecting our first child and we won't be telling our parents for a few weeks so for now I thought it was worth starting a thread so I've got a place to get excited about all things baby with people due at a similar time - without chewing DH's ear off about it constantly. Bless him he's excited too but I seem to want to talk about nothing else right now which is hard seeing as we're the only ones that know our little secret!

My EDD is 2nd December according to the NHS website which makes me 4+5, and I've got my first doctors appointment this Friday. I understand they won't really do or say a lot but think they'll refer me to the midwife? Or do I do that myself?? Anyway, I'm excited!!!

Hope everyone's feeling good and upbeat, looking forward to some due date buddies to chat to smile

Everythinggettingbigger Tue 29-Mar-16 15:51:47

Hi Fiddlesticks im actually due May so no help to you there but Congratulations!

If you have a look at the becoming a parent topics, there is one called ante-natal clubs, there is usually a thread there for each due date month, not sure if there is one for December started yet but its a great place to start one!

fiddlesticks123 Tue 29-Mar-16 15:54:23

Thanks Everything and congrats to you too, not long now!! I did wonder why I hadn't seen any similar threads, this site is just so big I hadn't considered I could be looking in the wrong place!! smile

UnmentionedElephantDildo Tue 29-Mar-16 15:54:24

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

fiddlesticks123 Tue 29-Mar-16 16:04:06

Hi Unmentioned thanks for your message, although our crossed wires did make me giggle. Perhaps you're being ironic? I can't tell via forum but either way, when I say 'we' I mean my DH and I!! I am the (only) one carrying the baby grin

Mslg Tue 29-Mar-16 17:13:49

I really can't abide passive aggression, it really is a horrible trait to have hmm Especially over something as innocuous as saying 'we' instead of 'I' 🙄

Congratulations Fiddlesticks, the antenatal threads are great. Lots of lovely women to speak with and lots of support. Wishing you a happy uneventful pregnancy smile

fiddlesticks123 Tue 29-Mar-16 17:33:23

Thank you Mslg smile yes a quirky sense of humour, but each to their own! Quite frankly, I'm so bloody excited to be pregnant I couldn't care less if my posts are pulled up by the grammar police! Water off a ducks back grin

Mslg Tue 29-Mar-16 19:00:18

Some people are just pedantic about women saying 'we are pregnant' rather than 'I'. Quite frankly I think pulling someone up on it is bitchy and nasty and doing it in a passive aggressive way like that Pp did is especially nasty.

Glad it's water off a duck's back to you! Enjoy the excitement grin

OceanView Tue 29-Mar-16 19:12:31

Congratulations. We just found out yesterday, our expected due date is the same as you.

No doctors appointment needed here, didn't need one with DD just called the midwife and made my booking appointment and she has booked in the scan too (changed since DD as they didn't book the scan over the phone with her)

fuzzkins Tue 29-Mar-16 21:40:58

We're due round about the same time smile

fiddlesticks123 Wed 30-Mar-16 07:53:05

Hi ladies, good to see you both! How are you doing on the symptoms front? All I've really noticed so far is fatigue, occasional pulling and twinging down below and two (thankfully short) waves of nausea.

Ocean this may be a silly question but how did you know how to get in touch with the midwife? I feel like maybe now I'm going to be wasting the doctors time on Friday, maybe I should try and source a number for the midwife and call them beforehand.

Cric Wed 30-Mar-16 08:04:31

Hello!! I am due Nov 30th..... It isn't quite Dec but I found out a week ago.... Can I join you please smile

MrsJoJo Wed 30-Mar-16 08:31:50

Hi ladies! I got my bfp on Friday and looking like I'm due between 28/11-2/12 (quite a range but I had similar with ds). I joined the Dec antenatal board but want to say congrats and hello! I planning on calling my GP today as its been a long time since my last pregnancy and the practice has changed significantly so I don't know the process. Let's hope we have an uneventful few months ahead. smile

fuzzkins Wed 30-Mar-16 08:44:59

I got in touch with the midwife through the doctor and have my first appointment with her in 14 days smile

KitKat1985 Wed 30-Mar-16 10:31:39

Hi Fiddlesticks. Congratulations! grin We're on the same antenatal thread together but just seen this thread too. I'm your due date twin at December the 2nd too, although DD was a few days early so kind of predicting baby will show up late November, all going well. I also have a doctors appointment on Friday. There seems to be some regional variation in how you get referred to the midwives. Where I am you usually see your GP and they refer you to your midwives, although in some areas you can just phone your midwives directly. I'm afraid the GP appointment isn't that exciting though. With DD all the doctor did was ask when my last period was and said she would refer me to the midwife, and I think maybe did my blood pressure. They tend not to 'confirm' pregnancies anymore as home tests are so accurate now. Your first appointment with the midwife will be a lot more in depth though and they'll take a full medical history, bloods etc. I did find last time, (and I'm sure this time will be the same) that the first trimester drags a bit until the first scan, as there's so much anxiety / exhaustion / nausea in the first trimester and it all seems a bit surreal until you see a little person on the screen at your first scan!

OceanView Wed 30-Mar-16 20:21:58

I just googled the number but that's because I knew that that is the process in my district. Contact your GPs surgery. The reception would be able to guide you.

So far I've been fine symptom wise, maybe a little tired but I haven't slept great the last few nights. A bit crampy but apart from that ok.

Pops1985 Thu 31-Mar-16 15:21:49

Hello all,

Just the thread for me! so exciting. I found out yesterday that I am pregnant, due 4/12/2016. A bit of an accident but we had planned on starting TTC in may anyway, my body obviously had other plans! I tested on the day AF was due, and 3 days later and got two BFN's, and then the following day a BFP. I think the reason I believed the negative results was because I don't feel any different. I have had weird AF type cramps for over a week and no changes to my boobs etc... I guess I am now getting a bit paranoid that the cramps aren't a good sign. Isn't it weird that something that didn't exist to me until yesterday is now the most important thing ever?!
Lets hope we all have super smooth pregnancies and beautiful babies at the end of it! :-)

fiddlesticks123 Thu 31-Mar-16 20:18:30

Hi Pops is this your first? It is mine and I know what you mean about the cramps, mine have been manageable and infrequent but when I get a wave of them they're so uncomfortable but feel so low down.. dumb question but I thought babies were in your tummy!! blush

Anyway, 5 weeks today for me and a docs appointment tomorrow morning at 10am, even though I've now resigned myself to the fact that literally nothing is going to happen in it, I'm really looking forward to being able to tell someone other than DH I'm pregnant!!!

When do you guys all plan on telling family? We're both close to our parents but DH doesn't want to tell them until after our first midwife appointment, so I guess 8 weeks ish?

fiddlesticks123 Thu 31-Mar-16 20:40:10

Also, a question for those who've been through this before - do DH's tend to go to the booking appointment? It seems long and filled with admin so not sure if to encourage DH to go? He's really busy at the moment with a hectic schedule running a business and whilst he wants to be involved I don't want to waste 2 hours of his time if he's sat there like a lemon whilst I'm filling out forms with a MW!

OceanView Thu 31-Mar-16 21:07:06

I told DP not to bother with the booking appointment. Actually I don't intend on him coming to any until it gets to the listening to the heartbeat stage as that is pretty cool.

This is my 3rd pregnancy (only 1 DD though) but it's DPs first so he seems happy to take my lead on which appointments I think he should come along to. Of course I've said it's his choice ultimately.

The cramping in early pregnancy is usually down to implantation and your womb changing size. If you think about it everything fits quite neatly in your body normally, add movement to accommodate even the smallest amount of growth is going to bring with it a few aches a pains.

I understand the worry, I'm in the same boat but more so because of past experience. I have a reassurance scan booked at 8 weeks and I am hoping to relax a bit more then. If memory serves correct, morning sickness tends to kick in between 6-8 weeks so ladies, my honest advice. Enjoy the lack of symptoms now wink

KitKat1985 Fri 01-Apr-16 08:35:54

I won't get DH to come to the booking appointment (he didn't last time either). It's mainly just filling in a lot of forms so I don't think it's worth him taking the time off work. They may ask you if you have already decided where you want the baby yet (e.g, hospital, birth centre, at home) so it could be worth discussing that with him beforehand though.

DH will come to all the scans again though.

Fiddlesticks I'm also seeing my GP this morning! grin

fuzzkins Fri 01-Apr-16 08:55:23

I have my first scan this morning, due to some bleeding so fingers crossed

Pops1985 Fri 01-Apr-16 09:07:53

Yes fiddlesticks its my first... I guess its easier second time around when you know that what you are feeling is normal, but I am just super sensitive to every little twinge right now. I don't have my doctors appointment until next Friday, wasn't planning on making DH come, its hard for him to get time off work so want him to save his time for the scans. Is anyone else thinking of paying for a private viability scan at 8-10 weeks? We are away for a holiday over what would be 11-13 weeks, don't think I can wait until 14 weeks!

Cramps seem to have eased off a bit this morning and boobs are super sore, so finally feel like I am a little bit pregnant! eek :-)

Hope your scan goes well fuzzkins fingers crossed!

KitKat1985 Fri 01-Apr-16 09:08:49

Oh fuzzkins I hope it goes okay for you. flowers Let us know. xx

fiddlesticks123 Fri 01-Apr-16 09:29:30

Good luck fuzzkins thinking of you, also yay kitkat we're getting referred!! I'm just so excited for the next steps to start to happen.

Don't think I'll ask DH to come to the booking appointment, we know which hospital we'd like to use and I know his family history in case of any of those questions. Sounds like his time would be best saved for more exciting appointments!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now