Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Everything tastes wrong

(10 Posts)
Flowzer Tue 29-Mar-16 14:14:37

Hi all, I'm 10 weeks and no matter what I eat, it all tastes wrong. I've had nausea since 7.5weeks but have been able to keep everything down, but the total lack of enjoyment from food is starting to really get me down. Feel starving all the time, but the foods I can actually eat are pretty limited due to the nausea so I feel like I'm surviving on crackers, bread, eggs, tuna and water, and none of that tastes any good.

Just wondering if any of you had experienced the same thing, and whether it eases up? I love my food and can't keep this up for much longer.....

mouldycheesefan Tue 29-Mar-16 14:17:02

When you say you can't keep it up much longer, what other options are there?
How about sucking sweets?

mouldycheesefan Tue 29-Mar-16 14:17:25

Ice cream or ice lollies?

Babymamamama Tue 29-Mar-16 14:18:26

It will pass by second trimester. At the same stage as you I could only eat white bread rolls with sliced cold chicken. Just remember to take your pre natal vitamins and you will be fine. The cravings will come soon and then you will know this stage has passed. Second and third trimester I couldn't get enough cherries and beetroot.

foxessocks Tue 29-Mar-16 14:20:37

Unfortunately I think this is really common! I'm 18 weeks pregnant and only just in the last week are things starting to taste good again so I can enjoy my food. It's horrible and I really sympathise. I just ended up eating bland food like bread and cheddar cheese. Apples and oranges tasted okay. Some cereal was okay. A lot of food left a bad taste in my mouth afterwards too so I had wine gums after food they seemed to help.

Hope it passes quickly for you.

SaraC8 Tue 29-Mar-16 16:02:59

It's vile sad I'm 11 weeks and my sickness is just getting worse each week sad constant yukky taste in my mouth. I've just been having boring food, mostly carbs and cheese haha, and some cereal. I love food and I can't wait to actually want to eat something again instead of feeling sick. I have been having sweets to cope with the horrid taste, minty ones and fruity ones. Good luck X

kiki22 Tue 29-Mar-16 20:02:34

I was the same for 20 weeks with my first but it eased off about 15/16 weeks this time. Try ice lollies they really got me through my first pregnancy. The upside is when you start to taste things it is amazing after weeks of deprivation it feels like heaven 😁

Poptart47 Tue 29-Mar-16 21:11:14

Nearly 13 weeks and I haven't been sick yet, nausea comes and goes but not horrendous. What is horrendous is the disgusting taste I constantly have in my mouth like I haven't brushed my teeth, I've found that ice lolly taste too sugary but ice pops are lovely smile

1moretime Wed 30-Mar-16 15:20:32

I'm also 10 weeks pregnant & have suffered with bar sickness since week 6. I'm on medication as I was throwing up so much. Yes I know exactly what you mean about that Taste!!!
I too love my grub & all I'm managing at the minute is cereal, toast, cheese, & apples. I'm going through bags of pear drops & mints or chewing gum just to get rid of that horrid taste!
Can't wait for this stage to pass & to start enjoying my food again. Xx

lavenderdoilly Wed 30-Mar-16 15:29:49

I'm sorry to tell you that everything tasted wrong until dd was born. I tolerate any dairy which I normally. adore. Or any fats. Which I adore toogrin. No milk. No cheese. No chocolate. No crisps.and then about 2 hours after dd was born, the ward served up milky porridge. Probably the nicest thing I've ever eaten. The dairy hating had GONE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now