Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Best changing rucksack/backpack?

(15 Posts)
milkyman Tue 29-Mar-16 09:14:52

Expecting dc2 soon - friends have said rucksacks are much better when you have a 3.5 yr old too - any recommendations?

April2013 Tue 29-Mar-16 10:13:03

I got a roxy shadow swell, it is huge but doesn't look too huge - compared to outdoorsy rucksacks of same size, plenty pockets smile tricky to find a unisex one though.

Sgoinneal Tue 29-Mar-16 11:46:37

I'm eyeing up a Kanken but they are so expensive. Maybe a small one...

HonniBee Tue 29-Mar-16 11:48:22

I'm glad I found this, because I'm also looking for one! Have you seen Pacapod Hastings? It's my current favourite, but I'm still unsure.

Freezingwinter Tue 29-Mar-16 11:49:46

I love my Pink Lining changing bag. It's so pretty, light and functional. They do a whole range of rucksacks!

SouthDownsSunshine Tue 29-Mar-16 12:42:14

I used a normal (cheap accessorize) one, with a mini changing bag. It was so practical, especially with a sling.

This was the bag: Skip Hop Pronto! Mini Changing Bag -Onyx Tile www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BH0TQMU/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_9MM-wbJR031S2

Sgoinneal Tue 29-Mar-16 12:44:22

Really like that solution South Downs - you might have saved me a fortune. Big backpack plus carrier was what I was worried about

Hufflepuffin Tue 29-Mar-16 13:08:36

I have a babymule, which is so comfy even when stuffed the gills and has the option of using it as a shoulder bag if you carry baby on your back in a sling. Also has pram straps. They're pricey and not the prettiest though! I got it second hand.

There's some good looking ones cheaper on Amazon - brand Allis (I want the multiway but can't justify it!)

SouthDownsSunshine Tue 29-Mar-16 13:22:41

It worked so well for us Sgoinneal. We got through a few rucksacks as they really got bashed about, but as they didn't cost me lots I didn't mind, and I liked the variety!

We still use the skiphop set now, and dd is 2.

Sgoinneal Tue 29-Mar-16 13:35:49

I might just do it thanks South. I've a very nice Changing bag from last time but it won't be practical with two - what you're saying is so sensible.

milkyman Tue 29-Mar-16 14:12:31

The Skip Hopp changing mat looks a great idea - can't decide which colour to get though! Any suggestions!

SouthDownsSunshine Tue 29-Mar-16 14:19:39

I've got an old version that's beige spots. It does the job, and doesn't show stains grin

milkyman Tue 29-Mar-16 14:21:43

Thanks - would the lighter colours stain or is it plasticky material? Sounds silly but they r pricey so want to get the right one!

Laquila Tue 29-Mar-16 14:40:45

I've used a Kanken Classic with the Skip Hop Pronto mat for a couple of years and it works really well. We now have a 5 wk old, as well as a 2.5 yr old, and so we're using one of the cheaper Jojo changing mat clutches for the baby's nappies (IMO these are better for littler babies as the nappy pocket isn't as big as on the Skip Hop). We can just about fit the two changing clutches and various snacks, clothes, toys etc in the Kanken, but it's a bit of a squeeze...

I'd love to upgrade to the Big version but can't really justify it!

seven201 Tue 29-Mar-16 16:01:08

I've got a fjallenraven kanken and a separate mini changing set. My baby hasn't arrived yet so I can't comment if it works!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now