Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anti nausea drugs at 7 weeks - safe?

(6 Posts)
Golfbuggy1 Tue 29-Mar-16 08:40:32

I am seeing GP today. The triage doc on the phone was all 'ooh lots of risks, better to try to tolerate it etc'. I've tried! I'm 7 weeks with two dcs at home and it's the holidays. I am on the verge of vomiting all the time. I can't tolerate this for weeks and weeks. I don't think they'd expect someone to if it wasn't due to pg.

Should I try to tolerate it or is it ok to try and make it a bit easier for myself? envy vom

Golfbuggy1 Tue 29-Mar-16 09:45:26

Bump

lilygirl81 Tue 29-Mar-16 10:06:55

Insist on the drugs. I started on them about 7 weeks and baby looks perfect in all her scans (now 22 weeks)

lamingtonnutty Tue 29-Mar-16 10:09:32

Hey,

I was given some anti sickness drugs, and now have a beautiful. 5mo. Take them! They made me feel somewhat normal again !

Thurlow Tue 29-Mar-16 10:19:29

I took antisickness drugs from 6w until the day DD was born last time. This time I got the meds in the moment I got a positive test. Don't struggle through. Doctors can be nervous about prescribing them as they don't get to do clinical trials on pregnant women so few drugs can blatantly be called 'safe' but standard anti-histamine based sickness drugs are routinely prescribed to many women.

If the first ones you get given don't work, there are others. Sometimes you have to play around with the type and dose to find one that gives you some semblance of life again.

Golfbuggy1 Tue 29-Mar-16 15:43:16

Thank you for your replies. GP was nice, prescribed me something beginning with B which dissolves on my gum. Felt a bit better after taking first one, thank goodness.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now