Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Waiting for Antenatal clinic

(3 Posts)
sharon2016 Mon 28-Mar-16 18:45:43

Hi all,

I'm 6 weeks + 5. I went to the doctors about a week ago. How long do the antenatal clinic take to call? And how many appointments can I expect in the first few months?

Thanks!

Mermaid36 Mon 28-Mar-16 19:31:12

I had a booking in appointment with the midwife at about 8 or 9 weeks, then a first scan at 13wks.

After that, I think it's midwife at 16wks then your anomaly scan at 20wks.

I'm having twins, so I go every two weeks to see the midwife/have a growth scan...so I see way more medical staff than usual!

Mummyme87 Mon 28-Mar-16 20:11:18

Booking usually between 8-13 weeks with midwife, scan at 11-14weeks, then midwife between 16-18weeks, anomaly scan 20-22weeks, then intervals differ slightly after that... We do GP 24, mw 28, gp 32 & 34, mw 36, gp 38 & 40, mw 41, hospital for Doppler scan and mw at 41+3.

If you have any medical conditions you may see a consultant during pregnancy, you may require a glucose tolerance test around 28weeks, extra scans if required. Some units you see mw throughout and not GP.

You will potentially hear from midwives from now up until around 11/12weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now