Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

does anyone know about doppler scans & high blood pressure?

(5 Posts)
bessie84 Sun 27-Mar-16 19:10:09

25 weeks - had a private scan (4d) all fab, loved it. did growth bit, baby measures "large" on 76th centile. did umbilicle cord PI and it came up at 1.50 - didnt think anything of it til i read someones post that its high and not a good thing.

my blood pressure this week has been 130/88, 130/83, 113/81 and 129/88 - whats normal ?

had banging head all week, no swelling, no protein, just crappy headaches and effecting my eyes (no flashing spots, just feel like im having to strain my eyes to see, eyes are fine btw, tested recently)

is the cord PI & Blood pressure anything to worry about?

kamillaw Sun 27-Mar-16 22:20:40

Don't know about Doppler flow as i didn't pay attention to numbers more the notching? What was your BP at the start of your pregnancy? Have you spoken to triage Or midwife? What did scanning place say regarding any follow up?

DisneyMillie Mon 28-Mar-16 08:54:58

You can find graphs showing what normal pi for each week is online. Mine was 1.26 at 30 week scan which was higher end of normal - but it goes down each week so 1.5 might be ok for 25 weeks?

I think cord pi looks at placenta function and if there was a problem baby would probably not be growing well so the fact your baby is big is good sign

crumblybiscuits Mon 28-Mar-16 09:05:14

Those blood pressures aren't 'high' but they would take into account your booking pressure if there has been a large jump. Do you know what that was? 150/100 is when they start to really worry.

bessie84 Mon 28-Mar-16 11:04:58

130/70 was my booking BP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now