Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just pregnancy exhaustion?

(7 Posts)
Afreshstartplease Sun 27-Mar-16 16:54:46

OK so all the pregnancy info on websites and forums and apps talks about exhaustion in first trimester

However I am wondering if this is something more

This is DC4 and I've literally never been this tired before in my life

It's like I am completely drained, struggling to do most things, including feed myself which probably is not helping

Suspect anemia as have had it in previous pregnancies

Bp at 8 weeks was 80/50

Now 11 weeks , I could quite easily spend the entire day lay down

Normal?

zannyminxoxox Sun 27-Mar-16 21:50:30

I was same in the first trimester with all 3 of mine I was falling asleep everywhere and my iron was fine. I think its just your body adjusting to the hormones. I felt much better after about 14 weeks. Although it comes back at the end flowers

Earlyday Sun 27-Mar-16 22:26:38

I'm 12 weeks now and have hardly got out of bed - apart from going to work - since about week 7 or 9! Poor DH has been doing everything alone. In work I lie down several times a day in the medical room. I spend my lunch in there. I eat chocolate to keep my energy up.

My diet was poor due to illness so I've just started on iron tablets a few days ago. Today was the first day where I had slightly more energy than normal -

I've been like this on all my pregnancies and normally feel back to myself by week 14.

LittleNettle Sun 27-Mar-16 22:51:40

I was like this in my first trimester too - unfortunately I think it is just hormones/your body adjusting. Request a blood test to check iron levels anyway (it can't do any harm, and of it is anemia then iron tablets will make all the difference! ) And remember to stay hydrated - I felt the tiredness more when I didn't drink enough water ... other than that just rest and see it through! Good Luck!

Afreshstartplease Mon 28-Mar-16 07:49:22

Gosh have I just been really lucky in previous pregnancies then!

Missingcaffeine Mon 28-Mar-16 13:33:56

I'm 24 weeks, second pregnancy and exhausted. Feel like I could sleep all day.
Was exhausted with first pregnancy as well until about 24 weeks.
It was worse in first trimester than second, but is still there!
I really struggled last time as I am someone who is so active and full of energy when not pregnant. This time, I sort of knew it might be that way so have found it slightly easier to accept (though less easy to cope given I now have a toddler).
Hope you get some energy soon.

SouthDownsSunshine Mon 28-Mar-16 22:21:08

I can usually tell I'm pregnant from the exhaustion, it hits right away. Today is the first day in a week I've managed without a nap. It's such a struggle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now