Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this the start of my bump? Photo attached

(7 Posts)
EllieM22 Sun 27-Mar-16 15:16:11

Can this really be the start of my bump at 8 weeks? Its my first, only one in there (had a scan) and I am usually a size 6-8. This was taken first thing in the morning before any food or drink, and I am sucking in as hard as I can.

I thought it could just be me putting on weight, as usually my stomach is completely flat, but from weighing myself I don't appear to have gained any wait.

Just wondering if its in the right place for a bump?

Sanch1 Sun 27-Mar-16 15:23:38

It's. Probably bloating, your uterus doesn't come out above your pelvis until 12+ weeks so you're unlikely to see an actual baby bump for a while yet.

PeppasNanna Sun 27-Mar-16 23:19:40

Keep that picture tbuwink

Believe me, you will forget how it feels to be that slim!

user1459122857 Mon 28-Mar-16 00:58:22

Mine looks similar at 9wks - my tum is usually completely flat so assume it's bloating but it def feels different

SunnyDays1987 Mon 28-Mar-16 08:18:42

I was the same, so so bloated. I was sure everyone would notice I was pregnant. It kind of went down before the proper bump started! Congratulations!

KeyboardMum Mon 28-Mar-16 16:06:06

First pregnancy here and I didn't get my bump until 17 weeks, and even then it wasn't obvious until 22 weeks. At 8 weeks it's probably bloating and or a giant poo.

MetalMidget Mon 28-Mar-16 16:35:26

I kept on bloating in early pregnancy - my 'bump' kept on going up and down!

I didn't really start to show until 16 weeks. I'm now 23 weeks and the size of a house, it's slightly alarming how quickly it's popped out (the midwife says it's because of where I'm carrying the placenta, and because I'm short -_-).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now