Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

26 weeks pregnant. Mucus plug.

(8 Posts)
jadesb93 Thu 24-Mar-16 16:54:03

Hi. I'm 26 seeks pregnant. This is 2nd baby. I had lots of bloody mucus over last 2 days. Now today, having really bad diarrhoea (sorry tmi) grin also for the past hour been getting cramps in back and lower stomach. Is this something to worry about? Or normal?
I told midwife about bloody mucus. And she said it's okay aslong as I had no bleeding or pain. I just don't want to phone hospital if it's totally normal confused
Thanks smile

WellErrr Thu 24-Mar-16 16:59:21

Not normal in my experience.

Go in to be checked - it can't hurt.

Hope everything's ok flowers

curlywurly4 Thu 24-Mar-16 18:40:37

I would call the hospital and speak to someone for reassurance.

novemberchild Thu 24-Mar-16 20:14:35

I think you should go to lie down right away and call the hospital. It could be nothing, but the again it could be threatened early labour.

SirVixofVixHall Thu 24-Mar-16 20:17:03

I would go straight in to the unit, or to A+E, you do need to get it checked to rule out labour. Fingers crossed that it is just a bit of a tummy bug, but you need to go to hospital to make sure.

possum18 Thu 24-Mar-16 20:23:13

I had similar a few months back and called L&D and they weren't panicked but wanted me to come down to antenatal ward for a check over, all was fine but told I did the right thing going in and to do the same if it was to reoccur. Give them a call X

BatteryOperatedBoyfriend Thu 24-Mar-16 20:28:59

The sooner you get checked out the sooner you can stop worrying.

Hope it's all ok thanks

SirVixofVixHall Sat 26-Mar-16 15:20:34

How are you OP? Hope all is fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now