Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

cervical stitch

(7 Posts)
lilygirl81 Wed 23-Mar-16 18:58:01

I've ended up admitted to the ward today after I went in with cramping at 21+5. The midwife did an internal which she said was ok, then the consultant decided he needed to check, but for some reason the speculum was too painful and so he just did a manual check of my cervix. He said it seemed short to him and I needed to stay in so they can do a cervical scan in the morning. He said if it does measure short then they will put a stitch in.

I'm worried about the actual procedure, especially as I couldn't manage the second speculum. Do you get any anaesthetic? Will DH and I still be able to dtd or do I need to be more cautious?

Having just got over Hyperemisis, I feel like things are never ending right now!

Ifiwasabadger Wed 23-Mar-16 18:59:05

I had a stitch, will return with more feedback. I had a full general for it. No sex or even orgasms from week 15 when I had the stitch until delivery....

lilygirl81 Wed 23-Mar-16 20:52:58

Thanks badger, the anaesthetic puts me a bit more at ease, but the rest doesn't sound fun sad

lilygirl81 Thu 24-Mar-16 09:50:09

Just had a scan, they haven't told me the results but heard them say to put down 2-2.5cm. I was so sure I was going to be ok, but Dr Google says this is too short.

Also found a cyst on my cervix but said that's nothing to worry about

lilygirl81 Thu 24-Mar-16 09:49:54

Just had a scan, they haven't told me the results but heard them say to put down 2-2.5cm. I was so sure I was going to be ok, but Dr Google says this is too short.

Also found a cyst on my cervix but said that's nothing to worry about

lilygirl81 Thu 24-Mar-16 18:50:41

I got the stitch put in this afternoon. Still having some cramping and my back hurts but otherwise feels ok. Fingers crossed it works

Dixiechick17 Thu 24-Mar-16 21:04:29

Good that you had the stitch, I managed to avoid the stitch as mine went down to 2.4 at 24 weeks and managed the rest of the pregnancy with progesterone pessaries and rest from 30 weeks, A friend of mine had the stitch and her baby was just a couple of weeks early. Hope the rest of your pregnancy is less stressful for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now