Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Fillers during pregnancy?

(6 Posts)
FlowerChild16 Wed 23-Mar-16 18:31:04

Facial fillers - are these a total no-no, or are they safe to have during pregnancy? I've had conflicting advice. Simply wondering if anyone knows?

QueenMolotov Wed 23-Mar-16 18:32:54

I've got a good pregnancy and birth book which advises NO botox, injectable fillers or tanning pills. I personally would wait until after the birth.

Hth smile

Mslg Wed 23-Mar-16 20:09:20

Absolutely no way.

Scarydinosaurs Wed 23-Mar-16 20:12:45

Absolutely not.

Your body will be going through all sorts of changes swelling wise anyway- there would be no point having them whilst you were pregnant. Just wait.

FlowerChild16 Wed 23-Mar-16 21:42:05

Thanks all, advice much appreciated! I'll tackle my many wrinkles once the baby has arrived grin

CityMole Wed 23-Mar-16 23:27:31

From a medical point of view it is extremely unlikely to harm your baby. The main fillers on the market today are not absorbed into your body and just sit in pockets under the skin. However, anything elective which could put you at risk of infection is worth thinking twice about. Also, as there is a lack of clinical data establishing its safety (for the usual ethical reasons re not experimenting on pregnant women) so you will find that many scrupulous practitioners will be reluctant to treat you anyway. In better news, it is thought that fluid retention in pregnancy has a natural filler effect anyway- my fine lines certainly seem less pronounced naturally. Personally I'd save my money until after the baby was born, but it's up to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now