Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

UTI - Confused

(6 Posts)
OneLove10 Wed 23-Mar-16 16:47:52

Hi,

I have my latest test urinalysis results. Would anybody be able to tell me if this looks ok? My doctor said nothing to worry about, but another doctor who I had seen the week before did another test and said I might have a uti but need to do further test. I haven't heard back yet calling so many times. I'm just worried with conflicting information.

OneLove10 Wed 23-Mar-16 18:17:15

Bump

letthefundusbegin Wed 23-Mar-16 19:57:37

You have no sugars, blood or protein in your urine. You have a small amount of leukocytes in your urine. Although the presence of leukocytes can be a sign of infection or UTIs there are always a small amount present as old cells are passed.

From this I would agree with your most recent doctor that you have nothing to worry about.

OneLove10 Wed 23-Mar-16 22:23:05

Thank you so much let smile I do feel better now.

letthefundusbegin Thu 24-Mar-16 09:44:25

No problem, I only know this as I had lots of blood in my urine at one point and still no sign infection! They went through what the different letters stood for when they explained my urine results as I was pretty freaked out by it all and couldn't believe that I didn't have a kidney infection or something horrible.

OneLove10 Thu 24-Mar-16 13:09:46

The previous doctor just called to say the urine sample tested all clear. Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now