Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy Pillow Recommendations Please!

(23 Posts)
SpecialStains Tue 22-Mar-16 21:02:14

If you've got a comfy pregnancy pillow can you please recommend it to me?

Thanks in advance. smile

Sgoinneal Tue 22-Mar-16 21:05:10

I get on really well with the dreamgenii, it's seen me through two pregnancies and feeding dc1. I like the between leg bit but also the feeling of something at my back.

TheSkyesTheLimit Tue 22-Mar-16 21:11:35

I second the dreamgenii. I tried different pillows with my first pregnancy with frustration but I found this to be the best for me because of the back support. I also used it from very early on with my second pregnancy as I felt uncomfortable in bed very quickly. I also used it on the sofa watching telly!

DowntonDiva Tue 22-Mar-16 21:13:00

Another vote for dreamgenii here!

It's big without being too big to push DP out if the bed grin

Whoopsadoo Tue 22-Mar-16 22:17:54

I've got a Theraline pillow - ordered from Amazon. Cannot sleep without it now!

waxweasel Tue 22-Mar-16 22:26:35

I have the theraline one too - I like that it's quite long and you can squoosh it into lots of different positions to arrange it how you want. Also it is quite fat - the thinner pillows didn't help me

SpecialStains Tue 22-Mar-16 22:27:48

Oh no - I'm torn between the two now! Thanks for the recommendations!

evilgiraffe Wed 23-Mar-16 05:16:15

I love my dreamgenii - still going strong at 39 weeks with DC2, and was borrowed by a friend in between my pregnancies. Never used it as a feeding support, but it's great for making sleeping more comfortable.

CatchIt Wed 23-Mar-16 05:45:52

How easy is the dreamgenii as a feeding support?

makingmiracles Wed 23-Mar-16 05:59:50

Argos do a long pillow for about ten pounds..its .just as good as the pillow I had with dc1 and that cost around £40!

Tootsiepops Wed 23-Mar-16 06:08:06

I hated my dreamgenii. Ditched it in favour of putting a normal pillow in between my legs (had spd though so not sure if that made a difference).

IndomitabIe Wed 23-Mar-16 06:14:06

Argos body pillow for <£10.

40 weeks today and infinitely more comfortable than when I had no special pillow last time.

KnitsBakesAndReads Wed 23-Mar-16 08:45:27

I second the DreamGenii. The thing I like most about it is that there's a cushion to support your bump at the front (this is most important from a bit later in pregnancy in my experience) and also a pillow behind you that prevents you from rolling on to your back overnight. The long bit of the pillow that goes between your legs is also good especially if you're suffering from lower back or pelvic pain.

They're not cheap, but you can often get them on offer from companies like NCT. I got a voucher for new customers from Mamas and Papas and bought the DreamGenii when it was on sale so I think it ended up costing me about £25 rather than the usual £40+ cost. Definitely worth the money in my opinion.

BettyBi0 Wed 23-Mar-16 09:19:51

I have a Sanggol which is amazing. It's HUGE so you get support down the full length of your body. If you snuggle on your side against it, your lower leg and foot are also supported which is good for alignment and hip health/ SI joint problems.

The only problem with it is that it's pretty hard to crawl out of when you need to get out of bed. Sounds silly but it takes loads of effort as the pillow keeps you in position almost too well.

allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Wed 23-Mar-16 11:42:29

I've got this one from Amazon and it's fab!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00LM72Z76/ref=mpss_a11_1?qid=1458141700&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=pregnancy+pillow&dpPl=1&dpID=51Mqg5sQGaL&ref=plSrch

CityMole Wed 23-Mar-16 13:26:12

I have a dreamgenie. it's been pretty good and the sausagey bit that goes between your legs and wraps up round your bump is great and very comforting, at least when you first settle into bed for the night. The bit that goes behind your back just doesn't work for me- it doesn't stop me rolling onto my back at all, and it has just kind of flattened over time. I now kind of shove it out of the way rather than lie on it as I find it annoying. I think maybe I'm too much of a wriggler and I frequently wake up to find it's at the bottom of the bed, or on the floor. it's a pain in the fucking arse when you want to turn onto your other side in bed too, and I tend to just sleep unsupported on my right side if I turn over. I'm ready to give up on it tbh.

I've got 5 weeks or so to go, and I'm, tempted to go for two of these (one wedged under bump, and one wedged at back to stop rolling)

www.mothercare.com/Mothercare-Wedge-Pillow-Cream/397331,default,pd.html

ThePug Wed 23-Mar-16 17:18:08

I got this one when I was 16w ans still using it now with my 5 week old!
www.pregnancypillows.net/products/premium-u-shaped-pregnancy-pillow

It's got beans in it so you can make it firmer/sofer in places as you choose by shaking it around; it doesn't go flat, you can roll over and don't have to rearrange it, you can prop yourself up in bed as much as you want and when feeding you can wrap one 'leg' around your lap for support.

It's a bit big but we only have a standard double bed and DH (and the dog!) can still fit in!

Pinklily1 Wed 23-Mar-16 19:34:53

I got a Mama's and Papa's own brand one, grey with stars on it, for £28.99. I love it.

Osirus Wed 23-Mar-16 22:08:07

I've tried the Mothercare wedge pillow and still managed to roll onto my back and sleep on top of it! It's good for under the bump though and for tipping you slightly so you can be on your back but not flat on it. I like the dreamgenie.

SpecialStains Wed 23-Mar-16 22:14:20

Thanks for the replies! I've ordered a dream genie, but will remember the others in case I don't get on with it. smile

Sgoinneal Thu 24-Mar-16 07:23:41

Hope you find it comfy OP smile

BookLover94 Fri 25-Mar-16 02:50:51

I like the dreamgenii but the only downside I have with it is that I have to move the whole pillow every time I want to roll to the other side.

Sgoinneal Sat 26-Mar-16 12:49:50

booklover I used to do that but now I use the back as bump support and stick the long bit between my knees from behind (really do not mean this to sound like an innuendo!)
Find it quite comfy as a change of position but it's probably not what you're meant to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now