Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Doppler

(5 Posts)
Beth2511 Tue 22-Mar-16 15:52:46

Im 10+3 and through the roof with nerves. Had a great scan at 8+4 butcant help feel the worse.

I have ordered a doppler. I know whatthe heart beat sounds like from dd but any tips on finding it? Im a size 8 so hoping my size makes it easier!

frikadela01 Tue 22-Mar-16 15:56:18

If you're already a bag of nerves the a doppler is a terrible idea. Midwives don't check for heartbeat until at least 16 weeks usually and even then can't always find it. Plus how do you know the difference between baby, your own heartbeat and the placenta? How do you know what's normal?
My midwife hates the home doppler kits, she said they cause more stress than anything else.

AdvocateNotAdvocat Tue 22-Mar-16 16:05:41

I'd return it or cancel your order OP if I were you. It'll only cause you more anxiety. Midwives don't necessarily routinely listen into the fetal heart antenatally. Monitoring movements (if first baby you'll expect to feel these 18-22 wks onwards) is more important.

jimpam Tue 22-Mar-16 16:06:31

I'm with frika here. I was also a size 8 but never found anything using my cheap & rubbish doppler. If I was already worried about DS it just made me more anxious. Sounds like a great idea but actually not that sensible in practice. Congrats on your pregnancy!

Jw35 Tue 22-Mar-16 16:28:00

I can't find a heartbeat on my Doppler and I'm 21 weeks! Had a scan today, lovely strong heartbeat! I wouldn't bother tbh

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now