Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Presents for Parents to Be

(12 Posts)
georgiatraher Tue 22-Mar-16 14:57:07

HI everyone,
My friend is pregnant pause for cheers and tears

We're all going for a big sleep over in their house four months before baby arrives, and it will probably be the last time in a while that we see them as they're moving away from London.

I'm keen to get the parents a present that would be appreciated with new baby on the way.

Any suggestions for useful stuff you received/borrowed/stole?

sepa Tue 22-Mar-16 16:47:29

What is your budget? I bought a toddle pod for my LO and nearly 3 weeks into having her it's been a life saver. No need to bring Moses basket downstairs as this stays down here to put her on during the day when she isn't being cuddled. The poddle pod is 0-6minths and toddle pod is 6months + (so I thought poddle pod was a waste of money)
www.poddlepod.com/

georgiatraher Tue 22-Mar-16 17:09:21

Aw they look so sweet. a bit over budget, but I can get DP to split it with me! Although I might wait until actually born for this present.

Are there any products DURING pregnancy that were useful/fun?

sepa Tue 22-Mar-16 17:17:59

My pregnancy pillow was amazing for me to sleep at night.
I also loved the stretchy tops I was bought from H&M - m2.hm.com/m/en_gb/productpage.0344534003.html

not sure I ever got anything that was fun which was a pregnancy related things though...

StrawberryQuik Tue 22-Mar-16 17:38:30

Some nice pregnancy toiletries?

Or for the baby some nice muslins/swaddling clothes rather than baby grows which they'll probably be given lots of.

MadeinBelfast Tue 22-Mar-16 17:51:49

What about tickets to a show or the cinema? Is there a restaurant they'd like to go to that does vouchers? Once the baby is here they mightn't get the chance to do these things for a while.

BettyBi0 Wed 23-Mar-16 09:37:19

Posh bubbles for after the birth

georgiatraher Wed 23-Mar-16 10:58:38

Liking the idea of a pregnancy pillow...

StrawberryQuik do you have any reconsiderations for toilettries you liked? I know sometimes people get sensitive to anything too perfumed.

Tickets to a show or dinner out are a good idea too...

Southy84 Wed 23-Mar-16 11:28:15

If you are looking for nice toiletries I have been using neals yard mothers balm, it's quite expensive but it lasts really well and isn't really fragranced, it's got great reviews too. I Also use the neals yard mothers bath oil which smells amazing and is so relaxing, I don't really have baths but when I do this is my special treat smile again not cheap but a nice present. i was given a nice set from boots which was lovely and I'm using the bag it came in as part of my hospital bag. I'll post a pic to it, it's on offer in boots at the moment, so that could also be a possibility with maybe some nice chocolates (as long as she hasn't gone off chocs!) I craved chocolate in my second trimester. I love the idea of the restaurant vouchers though as georgia said, I would definitely appreciate that.

Southy84 Wed 23-Mar-16 11:28:48

Here's the set from boots x

Southy84 Wed 23-Mar-16 11:30:57

Sorry just realised the restaurant idea was made grin

araminem Wed 23-Mar-16 18:47:20

A second a pregnancy/breastfeeding pillow. A big nice one. I had one from Theraline. I love it so much we call it 'my boyfriend' grin. I used it when pregnant for support, when breastfeeding either sitting up with DS on it or when lying down to lean against for support and I still sleep with it and DS is 1yo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now