Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Emergency contraception experiences

(7 Posts)
Km06 Tue 22-Mar-16 11:32:44

So my last monthly was 11th of feb, the condom broke on the 20th, I took emergency contraception on the 22nd I bled shortly after heavy for 4/5 days so I presumed it worked and I expected my next monthly 2 be late/early but it's nearly 2 weeks late now has anyone else been in similar situation

scaevola Tue 22-Mar-16 11:48:14

have you POAS?

MAP prevents 85% of pregnancies that would otherwise have been expected. But can muck up your cycle by about 5 days. As it's just over 4 weeks since the broken co from, I'd expect tests to be giving and accurate result.

GreenTomatoJam Tue 22-Mar-16 11:53:23

I skipped a period after MAP (and feeling a bit ropey) - so it might be that.

I would POAS though as scaevola suggests (I did.. 3 times over a week to be sure).

Km06 Tue 22-Mar-16 12:29:11

I did one after a few days late in the afternoon I'm normally like clockwork so probably just being paranoid but will look at testing on Thursday

sepa Tue 22-Mar-16 16:49:32

Try testing in the morning also as it maybe more accurate

Km06 Tue 22-Mar-16 17:25:23

I was going 2 wait till morning but I just had 2 know and being late I didn't think it would matter 2 much hopefully AF will just hurry up and arrive so I can get back on pill

InsufficientlyCaffeinated Tue 22-Mar-16 17:28:20

It does knock your cycle off course a little bit. I was a week late when I had to take it a couple of years ago. Try a pg test and if AF still doesn't show, see your GP or Family Planning clinic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now