Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 week scan nerves

(11 Posts)
Babykr Tue 22-Mar-16 08:44:06

Hi all, just looking for some reassurance I think.
I am just over 12 weeks with our baby that took nearly 2 years to conceive, it is my 12 week scan today and I am a nervous wreck. Barely slept last night having constant dreams about the scan, not making it in time, something going wrong etc. So have been up since 5 and can not stop worrying, keep having moments of sheer panic with my heart racing. I just want everything to be ok but every part of me is telling me that it won't be. sad

Champagneformyrealfriends Tue 22-Mar-16 08:51:09

I was the same. Try and stay calm. The majority of pregnancies go without a hitch. What time is your scan?

mrsjskelton Tue 22-Mar-16 09:15:51

Congratulations on your pregnancy OP! It's perfectly reasonable to feel this way but try your best to keep calm (stating the obvious I know!)

I remember feeling a little like this at my first scan because I worried that I'd made the whole thing up!

Babykr Tue 22-Mar-16 09:41:35

Thank you champagne my scan is at 11:30.
That is exactly how I feel mrsjskelton I am convinced that they are just going to say I am not actually pregnant. I know it is stupid because I have so many symptoms, sickness being the worst and I am still suffering now. But I just can't shake this feeling!!!

mrsjskelton Tue 22-Mar-16 09:47:16

You'll be fine! Let us know how it goes smilethanks

iloveberries Tue 22-Mar-16 12:10:59

I understand. completely.

I hope it goes well - thinking of you

Flossiesmummy Tue 22-Mar-16 12:31:28

Hope it all went well

Babykr Tue 22-Mar-16 15:51:09

Thank you ladies! I was still so nervous when we went in. My DH could see the screen from where he was sat and as soon as the sonographer put the thing on my tummy DH's face lit up and all my worries were suddenly overtaken by excitement. It was a truly amazing experience I am still overwhelmed, can not stop looking at the pictures! I feel silly for worrying so much but now am so in love with my healthy little baby.
Thank you for the kind words everyone grin

iloveberries Tue 22-Mar-16 20:31:53

Lovely news congrats

mrsjskelton Wed 23-Mar-16 10:49:34

Congratulations thankswinenow enjoy your pregnancy and keep those nerves under wraps!

reservedlaydee Wed 23-Mar-16 10:59:03

Congratulations! This will be me tommorow afternoon. After previous losses and problems found in a previous scan, im finding it hard to stay optimistic. Early pregnancy scans have given me some hope.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now